Who let the canine (heads) out?
So, right here we’re: Resident Evil 7. Billed as a return to the horror collection’ slower-paced roots, it shares a bit in widespread early titles within the collection. That means puzzles, backtracking, non-obligatory and hidden objects, weapon upgrades and restricted sources. All of which, we predict, makes the sport pretty damn good.
Housekeeping: As far as doable, we’ll hold this information spoiler-free. We’ll trace at and speak round story revelations quite than outright reveal them. Things like merchandise areas, weapons and executives will likely be spoiled as we have to speak about them, however we’re not going to spoil huge plot twists or soar scares. Let’s do that.
Resident Evil 7 Guide: Walkthrough #three – Finding your first canine heads
In the earlier half you should have gathered the Ox Statuette as a way to escape the primary wing of the home the place Jack was terrorizing you. You’re now within the Main Hall of the course.
As you discover the cellphone will ring. Answer for some extra story intrigue. Your new purpose is to get out of this home. The entrance door is true right here, however the door is locked and you want three dog-heads to finish the Cerberus image on the door to make it unlock. Okay – understood.
This room has a good bit in it. Let’s deal with that first:
- Directly throughout from the door the place you enter, there’s an open cabinet below the steps with some purple chairs in it. Atop one of many purple chairs is a few extra chem fluid.
- At the far finish of the room there’s a statue holding a shotgun. If you take away the shotgun, the door closes behind you and gained’t open till you set the shotgun again. So… sure, there’s a puzzle right here, and we’ll come again to it. Leave the shotty for now.
- Immediately subsequent to the double doorways the place you entered there’s a desk with one other nodding doll on it. Destroy it with the knife – preserve ammo. There’s additionally a herb right here.
- Inside a dresser to the proper of the doll and herb is gunpowder, a really helpful mixture merchandise.
- Inside a drawer subsequent to that’s one other antique coin, which will likely be helpful later.
- There’s a light-based puzzle, however you gained’t be capable of work together with or clear up it proper now.
You’ll additionally discover your first doorways with insignias on them – the primary you’ll see has a Scorpion. This is what you assume it’s: symbol-coded keys. We’ll come again to this later.
Getting the White Dog’s Head Key Item
Inside a clock in the primary corridor you’ll be capable of take away its pendulum. This is your key to the primary canine’s head to open the entrance doorways. Here’s a step-by-step of what you do:
- Take the pendulum from the clock.
- Backtrack to the lounge (subsequent door to the eating room the place you awakened)
- Put the pendulum on the clock in right here
- Get your first canine head, the WHITE DOG’S HEAD. Easy! One down.
Head again to the Main Hall. If you wish to get it out of your stock, slap the White Dog’s Head into the door puzzle.
Getting the Blue Dog’s Head Key Item
It’s time to go upstairs. There’s one other coded door right here (snake) on one facet, and granny and an open door are on the opposite. Through listed here are just a few rooms: Grandma’s Room (Scorpion Door), the Kids Room (Snake door), a Bathroom and the Recreation Room. Use your map to navigate.
First, within the Recreation Room:
- Find some gunpower contained in the bin
- Pick up the Antique Coin to the left of the doorway to Grandma’s Room.
- Smash the bobblehead proper close to the vintage coin with the knife.
- Take a have a look at quite a lot of notes across the room
- Pick up the guide, rotate it and open it to search out the BLUE DOG’S HEAD.
- Pick up the tape, ‘Mia’, and put it into the VHS participant on this very room.
VHS Tape – Mia
You had some apply with this one when Jack was stalking you earlier, in a way. All you must do is make your method by way of the constructing, hiding from the particular person stalking you. You gained’t get any weapons right here – you simply have to cover and survive.
There’s a trophy in it for you should you make it by way of with out getting detected till the story calls for you be detected, so watch out. You must also attempt to soak up this constructing – this tape is foreshadowing of a kind.
When you attain the room with a shadow puzzle just like what you noticed earlier, head proper exterior onto the grim previous balcony and conceal to the proper till she’s gone. Once she’s stomped off shouting angrily, which could take some time, head in and work together with the shadow puzzle.
Shadow Puzzle – Spider: This is fairly easy; rotate the item till it broadly suits the silhouette proven lacking on the portray, then hit X/A. That’ll do it – it doesn’t must be massively correct and isn’t troublesome in any respect. It’s all actually only a matter of perspective.
There’s a bit extra conceal and search after this. Walk ahead and be ready to crouch and duck again to cover when essential. The tape will finish quickly.
Back to actuality – and to the toilet
And… you’re again within the room. Poor Mia. But… no time to waste. Head out of the door onto the balcony space. Around right here there are some things you may seize:
- Out on this balcony space on the finish there’s a field you may smash together with your knife right here for some handgun ammo
- There’s additionally a locked field proper by that smashable field, when you have a lockpick.
- A drawer on the hallway resulting in the toilet has some extra Chem Fluid.
- Another drawer in one other space of the hallway has a herb.
Note the collapsed staircase right here – this drops again right down to the world you had been in earlier to the hallway the place you met the cop. Hit up the toilet.
Inside the toilet:
- Handgun ammo inside a drawer between the sinks.
- An Antique Coin down the bathroom.
- Drain the bathtub to search out WOODEN STATUETTE, a key merchandise for the shadow puzzle downstairs.
When you go to depart the toilet after grabbing the statuette… nicely, yep. So: I obtained out of this by simply working to the left and dropping down the damaged stairs. I then ducked into the very first save room. I’m unsure if there’s a greater method, truthfully. My solely recommendation is to only get out of there.
It’s time to pick up part four, then. As quickly as you may, and with out consideration, return to the Main Hall.