Timidly announced a few days ago, Resident Evil 4 VR has just shown off its splendor at the Oculus Gaming Showcase, exactly as Capcom predicted. As a reminder, this will be a version exclusive to the new Oculus Quest 2 headset, and therefore only playable in virtual reality: the adventure will remain the same but will be especially optimized for the Facebook accessory (because yes, we remind you that the VR company belongs to the famous social network group). Thus, in addition to a presentation of more than five minutes full of gameplay, a host of information falls on us for our greatest happiness.
- We will be able to grab our own weapons by hand and move them manually in our inventory.
- We can take our weapons directly from our body and not necessarily through a menu
- We can use separate weapons with both hands, for example a pistol and a knife
- We will still move around using the joystick, but Leon’s entire upper body can be controlled using the Quest 2 Touch controllers.
- We can also move thanks to teleportation
- Many ergonomic options will be offered, so that you can play even seated
- Graphically, the game has been enhanced with over 4500 reworked textures
- The animations have been redone for Unreal Engine 4 but the game will remain the same as the original version
A promising VR version, therefore, which should land this end of the year on the Oculus Quest 2. A year definitely under the sign of Resident Evil then that the highly anticipated opus Village will land on May 7, while a CGI film, a reboot film and a Netflix series are also expected soon.