Those wily Dittos could possibly be wherever.
The final time a Pokémon Go update was datamined, there have been indicators that Ditto is likely to be making an look eventually.
“New code for Ditto has been added in spades,” and right here’s what they’ve dug up.
- Ditto seems to have the ability to be ‘encounterable’ within the wild. It isn’t clear whether or not that is enabled but, or whether or not it’s going to seem as Ditto earlier than seize, however the species is nearly definitely ‘capturable’ (versus acquirable solely via non-wild-encounter)
- Ditto seems to have the ability to be utilized in battle
- Sounds for various Ditto results have appeared (not included, in order to not spoil the impact!)
- A background graphic for Ditto has appeared (darkish purple)
- A small ‘spotlight’ graphic has appeared for ditto that will point out a special look both on the map, or elsewhere
It’s totally attainable that Ditto is within the sport proper now, as “this update appears to have given the client everything it needs to handle Ditto interactions.” So if the bonus event week didn’t tickle your fancy, the hunt for Ditto would possibly.
Moving on to the opportunity of shiny pokémon, ‘shiny’ and ‘rare’ have appeared within the APK for the primary time.
“There is a new audio file that plays when a wild Pokemon is captured that is deemed RARE by the game, [as well as] a decent amount of new code segregating Pokemons’ materials into ‘default’ and ‘shiny’ materials. Materials, for those unfamiliar with game development, are specifications for how surfaces appear, reflect light, are colored/tinted, etc.”
The presence of shiny materials doesn’t essentially imply we’ll see shinies.
“There are currently no new Pokemon sprites for the Pokedex/Sightings/Nearby tracker, nor elsewhere in the game. We might have expected to see alternate SHINY sprites in this update if ‘shinies’ were truly going to become part of the collecting game.”
We’ll preserve you posted on the shiny pokémon scenario, and within the meantime, the hunt for Ditto is on.