While some gamers are griping about Destiny 2‘s weapon balance changes coming next season, Bungie have missed a trick by burying the massive information: Fighting Lion, already the game’s greatest gun, is getting buffed. Is it an enormous buff? No. Is it a welcome buff? Absolutely. Alice, is Fighting Lion actually Destiny’s strongest gun? Look, I stated greatest, not strongest. Hand on coronary heart, I am keen on no gun within the MMOFPS greater than this scrappy wee grenade launcher.
Fighting Lion is an Exotic-rarity breech-loaded grenade launcher, originally created by a legendarily punchy Titan who thought her girlfriend would approve extra of her venting frustration by forging weapons somewhat than actually punching mountains. Shine on, Wei Ning. Fighting Lion is exclusive amongst Destiny 2 grenade launchers as a result of it makes use of mere Primary ammunition, not Power and even Special. You can use it as a lot as you need. I need to use it: loads. Because…
- Breech-loaded grenade launchers are inherently enjoyable, with the satisfying mechanical rhythm and danger/reward of pump-action shotguns and bolt-action rifles.
- Particle trails and explosions are nice, and Fighting Lion simply spits ’em up.
- Of course the reload has a very good THWOOMP noise for loading a brand new grenade.
- Ragdolling corpses are nonetheless humorous, and Fighting Lion does them with ease.
- You can manually time detonations by holding down hearth, so there’s an artwork to grasp.
- And that artwork usually leans to ragdolling.
- It isn’t a sizzling meta decide and certain by no means will probably be nevertheless it’s highly effective sufficient for all however the hardest PvE challenges.
- When you meet another person who makes use of Fighting Lion, you’re feeling a kinship. They get it.
- Which is why an entire Reddit board is devoted to Fighting Lion.
- AoE injury is at all times enjoyable, particularly mixed with ragdolling.
- Bouncing and banking timed photographs is nice.
- Fighting Lion kills at all times generate ammo containers so you’ll be able to hearth it a lot. And I do like when Destiny rains pick-ups.
- I’m lifeless impressed after I see folks utilizing Fighting Lion within the PvP Crucible.
- Did I point out it’s the embodiment of fists?
- And the ragdolling?
Which brings me to latest occasions. While some have been steaming about subsequent season’s stability altering, Bungie group supervisor “dmg04” mentioned on Friday that the little cat which may is getting some buffs:
Fighting Lion will probably be getting some changes as a biproduct to the Grenade Launcher modifications. We know you like this weapon greater than life itself, however we wished to be sure to knew the modifications have been coming.
Now that I’ve made you worry the worst, right here’s a fast preview of how Fighting Lion isn’t being nerfed subsequent season.
- Due to backend modifications with the grenade launcher archetype, Fighting Lion inherited minor changes
- Rate of Fire elevated from 72 RPM to 90 RPM
- Direct hit injury in PvE is now 35 (Previously 27)
They’re making Fighting Lion higher. These modifications should not massive. They won’t make Fightling Lion a tryhard decide. But I’ll discover the modifications. The greatest gun is getting higher. I’m so comfortable.