Since the publication of Marc Laidlaw’s tongue-in-cheek reveal of the deliberate plot for Half Life 2: Episode three, curiosity has flared up with reference to Half Life 2’s lacking chapter. Gathering collectively leaked maps and prototypes from Valve, Half-Life 2: Aftermath offers followers a glimpse of what Episode three might have been like.
Get on top of things on the Half Life three saga with our handy retrospective.
Much like Laidlaw’s Epistle, this playable archive by Lever Softworks considerations Half-Life 2: Episode three – not Half Life three. For all we all know, Half Life three could also be nonetheless be in growth within the deepest depths of Valve however based mostly on what Half Life followers have gathered over the previous few months, Half Life 2: Episode three was cancelled. With not one of the authentic Half-Life writers left at Valve and the corporate targeted on Dota, CS:GO and VR, possibilities of a real Episode three are slim to none.
So what’s in Half-Life 2: Aftermath? In model one of many construct, it accommodates:
- 11 check ranges, created between 2012 and 2014 which had been most probably for Half Life three.
- four demo ranges, created by Lever Softworks, to indicate off NPCs and capabilities that aren’t within the 11 check ranges.
- A Combine laser gun that may shoot by means of partitions that was meant for Episode three.
- A console command linked to the Combine laser gun.
- An armoured Combine soldier, designed to be used in Episode three.
- A City Scanner, outfitted with a laser gun that was additionally designed for Episode three.
Most of the eventualities are experiments which contain the participant upgrading the pleasant robotic DOG with a purpose to rescue Alyx Vance. One of them entails the participant roaming spherical an expansive hub world, discovering sources with a purpose to improve DOG.
Future releases are deliberate for Aftermath, so count on extra lower content material to finish up on this Episode three archive. Along with the data dump, it’s endorsed that you just watch the particular Valve News Network video (discovered above), which particulars the story of Episode three up to now and the way followers got here throughout these leaked check maps and enemies.
While we might by no means see Episode three, Aftermath acts as a window into what may have been, and what Valve had been getting at through the years when Half-Life was nonetheless a serious precedence. You can obtain Aftermath right here and play by means of the entire check maps, due to the exhausting work of Lever Softworks.