The PlayStation four Pro just isn’t enjoying good with sure 4K TVs, in keeping with a lot of experiences.
One of the foremost causes many went out and acquired a PlayStation 4 Pro is due to the console’s functionality to ship 4K visuals. Naturally, lots of these gamers personal 4K TVs.
But, as just a few customers have later came upon, connecting the console to sure 4K TVs doesn’t all the time produce the supposed end result. The situation right here is that upon connecting the console to the TV, customers get a black display screen.
Some imagine this has to do with the latest firmware replace, four.05, whereas others have had the problem repair itself after restarting the console. The variety of experiences with totally different TV make and fashions is just too large to disregard, nevertheless. NeoGAF and Reddit are stuffed with the identical experiences, however it’s laborious to isolate choose fashions or manufacturers as being the one ones affected.
The numerous troubleshooting steps appear to point the issue is with the console’s HDCP setting. Choosing the outdated 1.four model appears to have solved the problem for some, however doing so means apps like Netflix and others that depend on essentially the most up to date HDCP normal is not going to work in 4K.
HDCP has no impact on enjoying video games, however since with the ability to take pleasure in 4K video on PS4 Pro is one in all its promoting factors, disabling HDCP is a workaround, however it’s undoubtedly not supreme. Here’s what one Reddit consumer recommended you do should you personal a Vizio TV, however this might work with different manufacturers.
- Make certain your PS4 is off
- Plug the HDMI into the 4K 60hz port in your TV
- Turn your TV on
- Hold down the facility button in your PS4 till it beeps twice (Safe mode)
- Change HDCP setting to 1.four solely
- PS4 will restart and also you’ll in all probability nonetheless don’t have any sign
- Turn PS4 off and get again to Safe Mode (step four)
- Choose change decision which is able to restart PS4
- If you get a picture after PS4 restarts then select the YUV420 possibility. Hooray!
- If you bought no sign nonetheless after PS4 restarted then return to secure mode and return to HDCP and select computerized
- Got again to secure mode once more and select change decision after which select yuv420
- If nonetheless not working then strive the above steps a pair extra instances
Before you try these fixes, first be certain your console is related to one in all your TV’s trendy HDMI ports, model 1.four or larger. If you’re seeking to get a 4K sign and HDR, the HDMI port must be 2.zero, as does the HDMI cable itself.
This downside will both be fastened by TV producers by way of a firmware replace, or by Sony by way of an up to date PS4 firmware.