Destiny 2 is getting a ton of options designed to cater to the hardcore veteran gamers disillusioned by the shooter sequel.
Today’s Destiny 2 state of the sport replace included way more than an apology for Bungie’s silence on complaints from Destiny 2 players; there was additionally a promise to double down on programs and options designed to cater to those gamers.
“Going ahead, Destiny 2’s post-launch recreation programs, options, and updates are being designed particularly to deal with and help gamers who need Destiny to be their passion – the sport they return to, and a recreation the place friendships are made.
“We want Destiny to be a game that fits into your life, providing you with reasons to log in and play with your friends, clans, and families. We want Destiny to be a world you want to be a part of.”
To this finish, Bungie up to date and expanded on a list of upcoming features and improvements to Destiny 2, giving a minimum of imprecise timeframes the place doable and detailing model new concepts.
Although full patch notes together with sandbox and weapon stability modifications are incoming, right here’s the preliminary define of what’s coming to Destiny 2 with Curse of Osiris, with the December 12 replace, and in 2018.
Armour Ornaments – December 5
In Destiny 2 Season 1, Ornaments have been random Bright Engram drops. As of December 5, when Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris releases, you’ll be capable of earn armour Ornaments by finishing particular challenges.
Bungie stated the brand new Ornaments will change the best way particular armour units look, with out wiping utilized shaders and mods. Like the present Exotic weapon ornaments, armour ornaments are completely unlocked account-wide as soon as achieved, so that you by no means want to fret about by accident deleting them or utilizing them up.
Armour Ornaments are unlocked via distributors, in order that’s the place you need to verify the necessities for every one and activate any you’ve already met the necessities for. Once unlocked, you possibly can apply the Ornament by inspecting the suitable armour set in your stock.
These are the armour units getting Ornaments for Destiny 2 Season 2:
- Vanguard Faction Armor
- Crucible Faction Armor
- Trials of the Nine Armor
- Iron Banner Armor
- Dead Orbit Armor
- Future War Cult Armor
- New Monarchy Armor
- Eater of Worlds Raid Lair Armor
Economy modifications – December 5
When Curse of Osiris drops on December 5, you’ll see a variety of modifications to Destiny 2’s economic system:
- Rare mods will dismantle into Gunsmith Materials with an opportunity for Legendary Mod Components
- Banshee will promote a rotating collection of particular Legendary mods, for Legendary Shards and Mod Components
- Rahool will promote Legendary engrams for Legendary Shards
- Daily Challenges will reward extra tokens
- Cayde’s treasure chests will supply extra tokens, however nonetheless be random
- Strikes will award extra tokens
- Common Destination token drop charges will improve 100%
- Common Destination token worth will improve by 50%
- Rare Destination tokens will improve in worth by 250%
- Reputation necessities per engram will improve by 37% at Destination distributors and 50% on theGunsmith
- You received’t ened to clear a full raid with a purpose to redeem Leviathan Raid tokens.
Masterworks – December 12
Bungie described this as a “new weapon tier” for Destiny 2, known as Masterwork, which is an improve to Legendary gear. They roll out in a patch on December 12.
Masterwork weapons observe the variety of kills made with them, with a selection between whole or Crucible solely tallies. They additionally generate Orbs of Light you the participant and their allies on multi-kills, and have random, re-rollable weapon stat bonuses chosen kind a “small pool”.
Bungie stated Masterwork weapons can drop randomly from any present supply of Legendary weapons, and if dismantled, yield a useful resource which can be utilized to transform any present Legendary weapon to a Masterwork. Raid and Trials of the Nine Weapons could have a really excessive probability to be Masterworks.
Bungie stated it has future plans to “extend Masterworks to other gear and expose your kill counts in more places”, reminiscent of within the Crucible.
Xur stock – December 12
When the December 12 patch rolls out to Destiny 2 our buddy Xur will get a little bit of an replace. Xur will start promoting two new gadgets:
- Fated Engrams
Purchased for Legendary Shards and restricted to at least one per week, fated Engrams will decrypt as an Exotic you don’t already personal.
- Three of Coins
A brand new, simplified model of a D1 favorite, Three of Coins will enhance Exotic drop charges kind any supply for 4 hours. They don’t expire after a boss battle and don’t stack in any method. They are bought for Legendary Shards and there’s no restrict on what number of you should buy.
Buying direct from distributors – December 12
As of the December 12 Destiny 2 replace, gamers will be capable of buy gear straight from distributors utilizing Legendary shards and popularity tokens. Vendors will at all times carry one piece of every type of armour, and can rotate via a collection of weapons. Bungie stated this is applicable to “most” distributors in Destiny 2, not all, so RNG isn’t going away eternally.
Players can unlock slots at distributors by rating up and incomes engrams. The phrase “slots” right here most likely refers to what number of gadgets a specific vendor is providing – nevertheless it’s not completely clear so don’t take that as gospel.
Whatever the slots factor means, gamers shall be credited for all of the engrams they’ve earned over the previous few months of enjoying Destiny 2.
Economy modifications – December 12
Further economic system modifications will roll out within the December 12 patch:
- Zavala will promote Gift consumables that give bonus rewards to all members in a Strike. They price Legendary Shards. Possible rewards vary from tokens to Exotics.
- Shaxx will promote Gift consumables that give bonus rewards to all members in a Crucible match. They price Legendary Shards. Possible rewards vary from tokens to Exotics.
- The chest and useful resource farming lockout will set off much less continuously and require better provocation.
- Farming lockout won’t scale back Glimmer earnings, and scale back token earnings to 30%, versus zero%.
- Vendors received’t be badged while you don’t have sufficient tokens to earn an engram.
Here’s what Bungie stated it’s engaged on other than the above:
- Crucible tuning for Supremacy, spawn guidelines – December
- Heroic Strikes Playlist – December
- Better incentives for Prestige actions – concentrating on January
- Ranked PvP – “top of our priority list for next year”
- Private Crucible matches – concentrating on early 2018
- Quitter Penalty for Crucible – 2018
- Further updates to mod system – 2018
- Exotic drop duplication safety – 2018
- Equipping a number of emotes – 2018
- A visible indicator for farming lockouts – no date
- Better incentives for Strikes, Adventures, Lost Sectors – no date
- Exotic weapon tuning – no date