Battlefield 5’s first main patch is days away, and DICE has revealed early particulars about a few of its greatest modifications.
The Battlefield 5 December patch launches on Tuesday, December 4. The replace’s highlights are the brand new Panzerstorm map, practice range, new War Story, and naturally the primary chapter of Tides of War: Overture.
But the replace can also be bringing with it a bunch of bug fixes and steadiness modifications – documented in a dozen or so pages of patch notes which might be revealed nearer to launch. Until then, DICE has taken to Reddit to stipulate a number of of the weather value highlighting early.
TTK and TTD
Though DICE isn’t making any particular modifications to TTK and TTD within the patch, the developer defined that it needs to watch out when reacting to suggestions about this subject. For one, it needs to separate perceived low TTD – corresponding to that attributable to netcode points (harm stacking) – from precise issues with weapon harm/participant well being within the extra conventional sense of TTK.
To that finish, DICE is engaged on a primary move that can enter testing quickly, however the developer continues to be undecided on the way to contain the group within the course of. It’s taking a look at quite a few methods, together with creating particular servers or playlists with up to date TTK for gamers to check earlier than they’re rolled out to the bigger group.
Revive mechanic updates
The December replace will make the method of getting revived, and reviving different gamers a lot smoother. DICE labored on lowering the enter delay gamers get after getting revived, and the identical goes for Medics doing the reviving. This ought to make getting again to the battle faster and fewer clunky.
As it stands, Medics are essentially the most under-equipped of the 4 lessons with regards to medium and lengthy vary fight. DICE is rising SMG efficiency at vary throughout the board, particularly for ones with a slower charge of fireside.
In follow, this implies sooner muzzle velocity and fewer bullet drag (drop). This additionally means the five-hit kill vary has been prolonged to 30 meters from 25 for all SMGs, and their stationary aimed hearth is now extra correct.
Company Coin shortages
DICE is conscious that reaching the max rank cuts off a big portion of Company Coin revenue, and it’s fixing this. The developer can also be engaged on a solution to retroactively award gamers who reached max rank earlier than the replace with additional Coins, relying on their playtime. Details about this might be launched when the characteristic is prepared.
The December patch will make it simpler to use skins to weapons with a brand new ‘apply all’ characteristic. As for having loadouts sync throughout factions, this sadly gained’t make this subsequent replace, but it surely’s one thing being labored on.
Airlifts and physique dragging
Airlifts, a set of rewards deluxe version house owners have been promised, might be detailed in a weblog publish quickly. Another obscure characteristic mentioned earlier than launch that’s but to materialise is the power to tug downed teammates, one thing DICE continues to be uncertain if it’s doable.
The developer additionally posted extra detailed steadiness tweaks for weapons, which we’ve rounded up under.
- Decreased M1928A1 most harm to 25.1 (beforehand 30)
- Increased the three hit kill vary of the Gewehr 1-5 to 30 meters (beforehand 25 meters)
- Increased most harm for the Sturmgewehr 1-5 and StG 44 to 25.1 (beforehand 24)
- Reduced the vary at which the Turner SMLE can kill with one headshot and one physique shot to 30 meters (beforehand 35 meters)
- Increased the Four hit kill vary of all assault rifles, LMGs, MMGs and SMGs to 10 meters (beforehand 9 meters) to make shut quarter harm extra dependable
- Increased all SMG 5 hit kill vary to 30 meters (beforehand 25 meters)
- Slightly prolonged pistol harm drop-off distances
- Bolt actions now not deal barely decreased harm when hitting the decrease physique or higher arms, this implies the minimal harm won’t ever go under 55 harm.
- Increased horizontal recoil of the KE7 to 0.45 (beforehand 0.36)
- Increased horizontal recoil of the M1907 SF to 0.41 (beforehand 0.39)
- Decreased horizontal recoil of the STEN to 0.38 (beforehand 0.4) and elevated the efficacy of the Ported Barrel specialization
- Increased the impact of the Slings and Swivels specialization. Switching to your main weapon is now an extra 50 ms sooner for all weapons and firing after sprinting is allowed an extra 16 ms earlier for bolt actions, assault rifles, semi auto rifles and SLRs
- Changed the specialization for the KE7. Recoil Buffer has been eliminated. Quick Aim has been added. Specialization tree has been reordered
- Increased the reload pace of the KE7. Base reload time is now 3.55 s (beforehand 3.75 s)
- Increased the reload pace of the MG34 with the double drum journal. Tactical reload is now 3.7 s (beforehand Four s) and empty reload is 5.083 s (beforehand 5.5 s)
- Increased the reload pace of the M1907 SF. Tactical reload is now 2.7 s (beforehand 2.9 s) and empty reload is 3.Three s (beforehand 3.5 s)
- Improved sustained hearth accuracy of SMGs whereas aimed and stationary
- Decreased sustained hearth accuracy of assault rifles whereas aimed and shifting
- Increased muzzle velocity of all SMGs as follows:
- MP34: 495 m/s (beforehand 450 m/s)
- MP34 (High Velocity Bullets): 560 m/s (beforehand 520 m/s)
- STEN: 495 m/s (beforehand 430 m/s)
- MP40: 455 m/s (beforehand 400 m/s)
- EMP: 420 m/s (beforehand 380 m/s)
- MP28: 345 m/s (beforehand 320 m/s)
- Suomi KP/-31: 330 m/s (beforehand 300 m/s)
- M1928A1: 330 m/s (beforehand 280 m/s)
- Decreased drag of SMG bullets from to 0.005 (beforehand 0.007) for normal bullets and 0.0035 (beforehand 0.005) for High Velocity Bullets
This is clearly not a complete checklist, because the replace consists of greater than that, but it surely’s what DICE determined to share at this time. We’ll be bringing you extra protection of the patch as quickly as extra particulars are made obtainable.