We’ve got some exciting stuff going on!
We’ve deployed a patch for the game (it will break saves), but more importantly, we have kicked off a BLACK MESA CUSTOM PC giveaway with !
You have from now until October 6th to enter to win the ORIGIN PC pictured below!
To really amp this up to 105%, we set the game to 75% off!
The Custom Black Mesa PC
Click the link below to enter to win this beautiful piece of custom hardware. The team at ORIGIN PC made sure it didn’t just have brawn, it’s got brains too!
- CPU – Intel Core i5-11600K
- Ram Memory – 32GB of Corsair Vengeance White RGB PRO DDR4 @ 2666Mhz
- GPU – EVGA RTX 2060
- OS Drive – 480GB Force MP510 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
- Storage – 500GB BarraCuda Seagate HDD
All in a sleek Corsair 4000D Airflow case (and did we mention it is custom?). The ORIGIN and Black Mesa team have been talking about doing a collaboration for years, and we finally were able to make it happen.
We hope you are as excited for this promotion as we are. In addition to the PC, we are also giving away some Steam gift cards and Black Mesa game keys.
You can enter until October 6th using the link above.
We’ve been 75% off before, but not since the game hit 1.0. The sale will last until Monday, September 20th at 10 AM PST. If you or one of your friends has been waiting to try Black Mesa, now is a great time to check it out!
As we said before, this patch will break saves (sorry, we had to re-compile some maps for fixes) You may have to start the chapter again or continue by loading a map through the console. We went through a spreadsheet of issues reported by the community, fixed some issues with the game (big and small), and added some quality-of-life improvements for the game.
- Fixed crash in Interloper A (offset enemy spawn in times).
- Fixed the HEV chargers giving you the wrong charge amount.
- Fix for “No Free Edicts” issue in Interloper (timer on Interloper Agunt Pods).
- Optimized Interloper elevator sequence.
- Fixed female scientists not healing you.
- Fixed HEV scientist bodies showing revolver icon on item pickup.
- Added enginetools.txt to the bin folder.
- Implemented a fix for the new UI not working on Linux.
- Fixed hangs on Linux when pressing the Escape button.
- Fixed for the workshop on Linux.
- Fixed bug with video quality presets.
- Added separate label for gamepad options in menu (scroll down in the menu).
- Added enable/disable for vibration on controllers.
- Added an option to invert the Y-axis on controllers.
- Added sensitivity sliders for X and Y axis on controllers.
Closed Caption/Translation Fixes
- Fixed WGH subtitle crash.
- Updated/fixed translation files based on community feedback.
- Fixed Arabic not being oriented correctly.
- Fixed text size during HEV bootup sequence on various resolutions.
- Fixed Lambda Core portal white screen bug (the spinny bits were killing players on teleport).
- Fixed smoke clipping through distant blue haze on Surface Tension cliffside.
- Slowed down bunker explosion animation on Surface Tension Cliffside to better portray sense of scale.
- Fixed scientist falling speed in Office complex.
- Fixed a small visual issue with the Tau’s sprint animation.
- Fixed missing wall stripe near control room in Unforeseen Consequences.
- Fixed weapons being removed if a satchel or snarks are thrown into portal 9 in Lambda Core.
- Adjusted emergency shutters in Lambda Core to prevent players from backtracking where they should not.
- Fixed rare softlocks in On A Rail (for the tram elevator by the rocket).
- Fixed I/O in Nihilanth chamber that would cause player to have noclip in endgame.
- Update to dm_crossfire skybox art.
Thanks as always to our great community, and thanks to the team over at ORIGIN for doing A LOT of the heavy lifting to make this happen, and being great to work with. If you are in the market for some new PC hardware, give them a look!
Stay safe out there, and be good to each other!