The Rabid Jotaz is among the earliest non-obligatory boss fights you possibly can come throughout in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and as a veteran of Sekiro and numerous Soulslikes, I can say that this man isn’t any joke. But observe our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz boss battle information and also you’ll see that defeating this boss will not be as insurmountable a job as you would possibly first have thought.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz information
Where to seek out Rabid Jotaz
The Rabid Jotaz will be discovered on the planet Zeffo, which you’ll achieve entry to after your time on the primary main planet, Bogano. You’ll want to move via the Ice Caves and into the Crash Site space – that’s the place with all of the water and the swimming round – oh, and the place the ruins of that nice large crashed Star Destroyer is.
Let the Jotaz information you. You’ll discover one Jotaz within the centre of a round space, surrounded by Scazz (Scazzes? Scazzi?). From there, hop up onto the rim and go searching; it’s best to see one other little space with one other Jotaz, separated from you by a brief swim. Dispatch that Jotaz, then climb up the ledge and have BD-1 disable the forcefield utilizing his Overcharge (in the event you don’t but have this, you’ll want it earlier than going through this boss).
Follow the trail past the forcefield, and also you’ll quickly come to an enviornment the place one Rabid Jotaz is patiently ready.
How to beat Rabid Jotaz boss battle
Now, there may be after all a solution to make the Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz boss battle a lot faster, and that’s by mendacity in wait till the Rabid Jotaz is correct beneath you, then leaping onto it and delivering a stealthy lightsaber assault that knocks away an excellent chunk of its well being earlier than the battle even begins.
But I’m not gonna try this, as a result of I’m a Jedi (learn: an honourable idiot) – and apart from, this boss isn’t so robust when you get to know him.
There are three primary assaults to look out for, and they need to all be pretty acquainted as you’ll little question have confronted loads of Jotaz in your journey up to now. But I’ll go over every of all of them the identical.
The first can be probably the most harmful: a three-step combo of huge swings. You’ll see that this assault messes me up barely at the start of this battle, and the explanation for that is that I used to be relying an excessive amount of on making an attempt to deflect every of those assaults. The reality is that that is all threat, and little reward; these strikes are so highly effective that in the event you get the timing improper barely and block as a substitute of deflecting, then a single hit will nearly solely break your stamina.
And even in the event you get the deflects proper, this isn’t actually a boss battle the place stamina is the main focus. Instead, very similar to Oggdo Bogdo, this boss is all about placing through the boss’s restoration section. So for this assault combo, a mix of deflects and rolls is by far the very best resolution.
The second assault to be careful for is a straightforward one-step blockable assault, which is one more swing of the arms, besides this time it’s preceded by a brief run-up, which provides this assault fairly a bit extra vary than you would possibly count on. But as a result of it’s only one lone assault with none follow-up, this one could be very simple to deflect, block, or evade with none hassle.
The third large assault to be careful for is the Rabid Jotaz’s unblockable assault, which is definitely a two-part assault. Thankfully, the boss will telegraph this assault forward of time not solely with its purple spotlight (to sign an unblockable), but additionally with an enormous roar. Then it is going to dart ahead (that’s the primary assault) earlier than slamming its arms down on the bottom (that’s the second assault). Fairly simple to keep away from; simply roll to the aspect in direction of the tip of the roar, and also you’ll be within the clear and able to capitalise on the Rabid Jotaz’s missed assault with some highly effective strikes of your personal.
All in all, similar to the Oggdo Bogdo, the Rabid Jotaz is a little bit of a glass cannon, with some highly effective assaults however not a lot well being in any respect. It’ll solely take 20 common lightsaber swings to defeat this titanic predator, so simply keep on the transfer, rely much less on deflects than on rolling to evade its huge strikes, and be careful for the telltale roar that precedes its unblockable assault. Remember all that, and also you’ll discover this boss isn’t any match for a real Jedi.
So that’s just about all it is advisable know with a view to defeat the lethal Rabid Jotaz. But that’s not all we now have on Jedi: Fallen Order, not by an extended shot. Whether you’re after tips about one other boss, otherwise you’re seeking to perceive one other side of this in depth game, make sure to take a look at our information sequence beneath.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order guide – Find out our eight high suggestions for gamers of all talent ranges on methods to survive your time with Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skills – This information options full explanations of each single talent within the talent tree, together with our picks for the very best abilities to improve first!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers – Learn how and the place to unlock Force Push, Force Pull, Double Jump, and extra.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order lightsaber – Learn the ins and outs of lightsaber customisation, together with methods to get extra colors, and the place to seek out the double-blade and dual-wield lightsaber upgrades.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Scomp Link – What the hell is a Scomp Link, and how will you get your fingers on one? Learn methods to open all these locked chests and doorways with this information!
Jedi: Fallen Order bosses:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo – Learn methods to tackle the game’s first true boss and stroll away with out even a scratch.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz – Evade this fearsome predator’s strikes and carve him up with this in-depth boss walkthrough.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Second Sister – Learn to defend your self in opposition to probably the most highly effective of Cal’s foes on this battle on Zeffo.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Ninth Sister – Take down this fearsome Dark Side Inquisitor by studying and adapting to her many unblockable assaults.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Taron Malicos – Show this dual-wielding Sith what for on this epic battle within the ruins of Dathomir!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Trilla – Complete Cal’s future by besting the harmful Trilla Suduri as soon as and for all.