It’s been such a thrill to see players enjoying our most recent major update, OUTLAWS. Whether it was hunting down pirates for lucrative bounties, becoming an intergalactic smuggler yourself, seeking the treasure of The Blight in the most recent expedition, or just stylishly exploring space in a cape – it’s been a delight to watch you all take to the skies.
Today, we are very excited to bring you No Man’s Sky’s latest expedition: Leviathan. We aim to give every expedition a unique character and style of gameplay, but we think Leviathan feels especially different.
We hope you enjoy the Leviathan expedition as much as we enjoyed putting it together! Alongside the expedition, today’s update includes a number of improvements and bug fixes, detailed below.
The team is continuing to work on even more features and content for No Man’s Sky, and we will have more news for you soon.
Our journey continues.
- Expedition Seven, the Leviathan, will begin shortly.
- This expedition takes players on a narrative-driven roguelike adventure to break a time-loop curse, where each death means a reset of the loop.
- Players can work together to assist Specialist Polo as they research the loop, increasing the quality of rewards and upgrades for each new iteration.
- Rewards include new posters; a Whalestalker Cloak; a juvenile cosmic leviathan suitable for construction within a base; and a chance to come face to face with the fully-grown Leviathan itself…
- PvP will default to off during this expedition.
- Fixed a GPU crash on PlayStation 4.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation for Xbox Series S.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to an outlaw station to speak with an NPC or terminal not present in outlaw systems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to speak to an NPC on the Space Station (typically a recruit for their base) who had taken part in the tutorial sequence.
- Fixed an issue that could cause doors to fail to open on derelict freighters if several slime pieces were destroyed at the same time.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker that could occur when attempting to locate a planet with high sentinel activity.
- Fixed a rare mission blocker in the Trace of Metal mission, which would cause players to be sent to a Sentinel Hive many tens of thousands of light years away.
- Fixed a number of issues that could occur when joining players from the friends list page.
- Fixed an issue that could cause settlement charts to fail to find a settlement, yet still be consumed.
- Fixed a number of significant visual issues with wire placement.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a small number of X-class procedural upgrades to have unexpectedly low stats.
- Solar-class starships now display their sails on the inventory page.
- Fixed a small number of cases where items received from dismantling products or opening other items would be placed into the wrong inventory.
- The default craft amount for Creature Pellets has been increased, allowing more pellets to be crafted for the same cost.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest on outlaw stations, resulting in badly generated text.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest using Apollo or Null’s appearance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the ship damaged VFX to continue playing even after the ship was repaired.
- Fixed an issue that could cause freighter battle missions to fail to trigger properly while the player was on the Under a Rebel Star mission.
- Fixed a visual issue with some specific underground creatures.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent interaction with some objects during specific network conditions.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent atmospheric frigate flybys on planets with high mountains.
- Fixed a UI issue that could cause the ship upgrade screen to automatically close after installing a new cargo slot, even if the player could afford to purchase additional slots.
- Fixed a number of minor text issues.
- Fixed a number of audio issues.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.