In this latest update, No Man’s Sky introduces the Autophage, a mysterious mechanical race spread throughout the galaxy. Discover their hidden stories, uncover new missions, and indulge in expanded customization options. Moreover, the game now offers enhanced features related to monoliths, a brand new Wonder Projector base part, cape customizations for certain players, and a new option to decommission Multi-Tools. Here’s a detailed breakdown:
- The galaxy now houses the Autophage, a novel race of mechanical constructs.
- Engage in a narrative-focused mission that dives into the Convergence, the Atlas, and universal truths.
- Complete the mission to receive the Voltaic Staff, a unique Multi-Tool with special animations.
- The Autophage will appear as a separate faction in your Journey Milestones, with respective medals and missions.
- Use specific technology to detect hidden Autophage camps on numerous planets.
- Learn the Autophage’s distinct language consisting of hundreds of words.
- Enhance your reputation with the Autophage to unlock special player titles.
- High-standing players can accept new, varied missions from individual Autophage, earning reputation, words, exclusive rewards, and more.
- A plethora of Autophage customization options are available. Collect Void Motes by aiding the Autophage and use them to access these options at any construct camp.
- New procedurally-generated Exosuit technologies are available from the Autophage.
- Players can now acquire cloth-based customization choices like drapes, hoods, and masks. Once unlocked, mix these with other customization options for numerous fresh appearances.
- Players with adequate reputation can earn and design their custom staff Multi-Tool.
- Engage with the Autophage to uncover hidden tales within Korvax monolith sites.
- Using Atlantideum on these relics provides new lore, shedding light on the history of the Korvax and the Constructs.
- Rare Atlantid Multi-Tools, exchangeable for nanites, can be found at these locations. These come with a Runic Lens, blending mining and cloaking functions.
- A new base item, the Wonder Projector, is available for research aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Use this holographic gadget to embellish your base with 3D images of your favorite finds.
- Nintendo Switch players can now wear capes.
- Those who should have received a cape from a previous Expedition on Switch will have their saved data updated and will be credited accordingly.
- Players using a Vy’keen appearance can now sport capes.
- Visit the Space Anomaly for the new Multi-Tool salvage point.
- Multi-Tools can now be converted into valuable scrap, freeing up space and granting upgrades and various resources.