Thank you to everyone playing the Companions Update, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.
We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of issues. These fixes have been combined into patch 3.22, which will be live on all platforms today.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading creature or companion textures in multiplayer.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when renaming a companion on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong companion to be renamed when renaming a companion.
- Fixed an issue that prevented personal items such as ships/freighters/Multi-Tools and companions from being renamed on PlayStation 5.
- Other player’s companions will no longer collide with you in multiplayer.
- All companions now correctly defend their owner when attacked by a hostile creature.
- Fixed an issue that prevent creatures from being harvested by the Livestock Unit.
- Fixed an issue that could cause robotic companions to eat pellets rather than ion batteries.
- Fixed an issue that caused companion species to be listed incorrectly when viewed in the Companion Manager.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hostile aliens found inside derelict freighters to immediately despawn.
- Fixed an issue that caused your own companion’s information to be displayed when viewing another player’s companion through the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause companion eggs received from Xbox players to fail to hatch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause overly dramatic camera shake to occur when the sandworm is spawned.
- The Living Ship can now be repaired without needing advanced bait.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when rendering trails in VR.
- Fixed an issue with cloud rendering when taking screenshots in VR.
- Fixed a texture rendering issue.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when viewing creatures in the Discovery Page.
- Fixed a PC-specific memory leak that could occur when alt-tabbing or changing resolution.
- Fixed a PlayStation 5 specific GPU crash.
- Fixed a number of crashes related to terrain rendering.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.