Wraith is taken into account by many to be the all-round strongest character at the moment in Apex Legends, and it’s not onerous to see why. A excessive ability ceiling with skills that can be utilized to nice impact each offensively and defensively; and a hitbox so small you might want a microscope to see it. It’s no marvel nearly all of expert Apex Legends streamers have Wraith as their most important Legend of selection.
Our Apex Legends Wraith information will stroll you thru every little thing it’s worthwhile to know to begin racking up kills with the Interdimensional Skirmisher that’s Wraith. Below you’ll discover in-depth suggestions and explanations on every of her skills and the way finest to make use of and mix them, in addition to basic and superior suggestions and tips that can enable you to begin persistently profitable matches as Wraith.
Our Apex Legends guide collection is filled with each beginner-friendly explanations and superior, top-tier suggestions and tips on perfecting your Apex Legends abilities. Whether you need to find out about all the opposite Apex Legends characters otherwise you’re eager about discovering out the stats and spray patterns for all of the totally different Apex Legends weapons, we’ve received you coated.
Apex Legends Wraith information
Click on any of the beneath hyperlinks to move your self (very similar to Wraith herself) wherever your coronary heart needs. We’ll go over her hitbox in comparison with different characters, then all of her skills in flip with particular suggestions and tips on every.
|Wraith overview – character strengths and weaknesses|
|Wraith hitbox vs other Legends|
Voices from the Void
Into the Void
|How to play Wraith – top tips and strategies|
Everything about Wraith is designed to make her troublesome to pin down and kill. While huge beefy Tanks like Gibraltar look to soak up and negate injury, Wraith seeks to keep away from it altogether. She is the one Legend with what is actually a “get out of trouble” button which allos her to keep away from injury completely for a short while as she repositions herself elsewhere.
Add to this her small hitbox and her Passive potential, which alerts her when she is being watched by an enemy, and also you’ve received a Legend who could be very expert at being in the precise place on the proper time.
Wraith is kind of the one character in Apex Legends’ present state the place you need to actually dig deep to seek out any form of weak spot in her character. All her skills synergise extraordinarily effectively, and she or he is superb on her personal but additionally performs an necessary position for the entire group.
The one weak spot that I’ve been capable of finding is that Wraith gamers are likely to rely closely on her Tactical “phase” potential to get out of dangerous spots, so should you catch her whereas that potential is on cooldown, then Wraith gamers are usually a bit extra panicked than with different characters as a result of they’ve misplaced the security internet upon which they so typically rely.
Wraith hitbox vs different Legends
The above is a composite of assorted hitbox images created by YouTuber “SookieSpy”, which deliver to gentle the unbelievable discrepancies in character hitboxes in Apex Legends.
As you may see, Wraith’s hitbox is by far the smallest, not simply on account of her stature but additionally her comparatively hunched posture. Looking on the above picture, it appears as if she occupies solely about half the area that Gibraltar does. So even with out her myriad escape-focused skills, Wraith is the mosts troublesome Legend to shoot within the game.
Like all different Legends, Wraith has three skills: a Passive, which is one thing that you just profit from robotically; a Tactical, which you could activate between cooldowns; and an Ultimate, which might solely be used as soon as it reaches 100% cost, which it steadily accrues over time (although you may pace up this course of by consuming Ultimate Accelerants – see our Apex Legends healing items and consumables information for extra particulars).
As beforehand talked about, Wraith’s skills synergise fantastically with each other, as a result of all of them revolve across the similar purpose: repositioning and avoiding injury. Below we’ll clarify every of her skills, earlier than going into depth about how and when to make use of every of them to nice impact.
Passive potential: Voices from the Void
|A voice warns you when hazard approaches.
As far as you may inform, it’s in your aspect.
Wraith’s passive, Voices from the Void, is troublesome to see the results of should you don’t know what to search for. But when you do, it’s a particularly helpful potential. Why? Because nearly all of deaths in Apex Legends are brought on by not noticing a risk till it’s too late. Wraith’s Passive means a feminine voice will whisper a warning to you when it perceives a close-by risk. This might be an enemy aiming at you with a sniper, or a close-by Caustic Nox Gas entice.
Whatever the risk, the voice will inform you what it’s, and a “Warn Teammates” immediate will seem close to the middle-right of your display, which you need to completely make the most of to let your teammates know in regards to the risk – as a result of they will’t hear that voice, solely you.
Passive Ability Tips
- Ping the Passive utilizing the “Warn Teammates” immediate each time it seems.
- Wraith’s Passive makes her excellent for executing enemies, as a result of the voice will sound even through the finisher animation so that you’ll know whenever you’re at risk and when to again out if want be.
- If you’re having hassle catching the Passive audio, activate Subtitles within the Sound Settings menu.
- Wraith’s Passive potential will let you understand the sort of hazard in addition to its presence, so you’ll want to take note of what the voice truly says every time.
Tactical potential: Into the Void
|Into the Void||3s||20s||Reposition shortly by means of the security
of void area, avoiding all injury.
Wraith’s Tactical potential is without doubt one of the most helpful and sensible skills in Apex Legends. Commonly known as “Phasing”, this potential sends Wraith right into a parallel dimension for three seconds, permitting her to maneuver at barely elevated pace, and avoiding all injury. While lively, you may run, slide, and climb, however you can not shoot. You additionally can’t see different gamers whereas it’s lively; and from different gamers’ perspective, you’ll seem as a path of blue traces, which implies you aren’t invisible if you are phasing.
So you could use this Tactical potential with warning, as a result of merely utilizing it isn’t sufficient – it’s worthwhile to use it to reposition your self successfully. Don’t count on to have instantly escaped hazard, as a result of it isn’t troublesome to observe the blue traces you permit behind. But it’s an exceptionall great tool for avoiding injury for a short while or getting the drop on an enemy group.
Tactical Ability Tips
- There is a slight delay between activating the power and really phasing, so you’ll want to take this under consideration with each use.
- Phasing will permit you keep away from all injury for three seconds, even Ring injury (for more information in regards to the Ring, try our devoted Apex Legends Ring information).
- You can section whereas utilizing a zipline.
- You can’t enter a portal whereas phasing.
- You can section between putting your first and second portal throughout your Ultimate, permitting you to journey even quicker.
- If you’re beneath the results of a stun or gradual (reminiscent of from Caustic’s gasoline or Bangalore’s Ultimate) then the gradual impact will proceed even whereas phasing. However, should you section beforehand, you may stroll by means of these results with out it affecting you.
- There is an exploit which lets you reset your potential cooldown. If you leap on a zipline on the proper time through the potential, then your cooldown can be reset as soon as your present section ends.
Ultimate potential: Dimensional Rift
|Name||Portal Lifetime||Charge Time||Description|
|Dimensional Rift||60s||2m 30s||Link two places with portals for 60 seconds, permitting your total group to make use of them.|
Wraith’s Ultimate potential, Dimensional Rift, is a particularly efficient methodology each of initiating and escaping as a group. When you employ your Ultimate, you’ll instantly place a rift (extra generally generally known as a “portal”) the place you’re standing; after which you may transfer to a special location inside medium vary to put your second portal. You can select the place to put your second portal, however as you progress you’ll dissipate “Rift Energy” – and as soon as this reaches 0% you’ll robotically place the portal at your present location.
These portals then persist for 60 seconds, and anybody (you, teammates, and enemies) can use them to shortly hop from one to the opposite. This could be very helpful not just for getting the drop on enemies but additionally escaping from a troublesome state of affairs as a group, and overlaying distances shortly. There is an amazing quantity of utility with this Ultimate potential, which is a part of the explanation why Wraith has such a excessive ability ceiling.
Ultimate Ability Tips
- You transfer at tremendously elevated pace between putting the primary and second portals.
- Before putting the second portal, you may run, climb, and slide, however can’t shoot or work together.
- You can ping a portal to let teammates know of its presence.
- Downed gamers can use portals, making this very helpful for transporting your downed teammates to relative security.
- You can section beteween putting your first and second portal throughout your Ultimate, permitting you to journey even quicker.
- You can place a portal as bait for an enemy to undergo, however be sure to and your teammates are ready to out-DPS them after they emerge.
- Keep in thoughts portal orientation. If it’s worthwhile to heal and are apprehensive enemies will observe you thru the portal, rotate round to the opposite aspect and conceal behind the exit portal to offer your self extra time. Your enemies received’t count on this.
- If you discover a big door reminiscent of those in Market, then you may block up the door utilizing each your entrance and exit portal, making it so solely you may go by means of (whereas phasing).
How to play Wraith – high suggestions and methods
Finally, let’s end up with some extra basic suggestions and tips on profitable Apex Legends matches as Wraith.
- You have extra motive to play aggressively than different Legends. Wraith’s Passive offers her a forewarning of hazard, and her Tactical permits her to get out of hurt’s approach, permitting her to undertake a way more ballsy playstyle than with different characters. Add to this the motion will increase and her portals, and also you’ve received a capability to shut gaps in a short time, making her excellent for aggressive performs.
- Communicate your potential utilization along with your teammates. Wraith’s Ultimate potential could be very a lot a group potential, and you need to talk your intentions along with your squad in order for you issues to work out. In addition, allow them to know when your Passive voice speaks to you, as a result of should you’re within the firing line your teammates in all probability are as effectively.
- Don’t neglect your teammates. Wraith’s skills make her a wonderful selection for solo play and independence, however you’re additionally the spine of your squad, capable of reposition everybody at brief discover and preserve your teammates out of hassle. Don’t be tempted to go all lone ranger and go away your teammates behind.
- Chain collectively your skills. Look at each considered one of your skills as an opportunity to make use of one other. If you’re putting a portal, use your Tactical to maneuver faster. If your Passive warns you that you just’re being geared toward, instantly Phase to get out of hazard. Synergise your skills to make finest use of them.
That’s just about every little thing we’ve received on Wraith for now, so hopefully you’ve realized a factor or two about how finest to utilise her abilities. Now get on the market and begin working towards. King’s Canyon awaits.