An update has been released for Portal 2.
– Implemented a Vulkan render backend (currently accessible through the -vulkan command line parameter).
– Improved compile time for Perpetual Training Initiative puzzles.
– Improved advanced video settings descriptions.
– Made the game Hi-DPI aware.
– Smarter default video settings.
– Improved resolution of player avatars throughout the game.
– Players can now be invited to play co-op on controller.
– Button text contrast and padding has been improved when using a controller.
– Implemented a 360° Spin action.
– The portalgun is now correctly affected by dynamic lights (projected textures) in the scene.
– Improved client-side prediction for coop play.
– Added the ability for workshop levels to pack particles into their map with a particles/map_manifest.txt
– Misc. rendering optimizations.
– Added an icon to the game on Linux.
– Removed the “Trading Coming Soon” button.
– Fixed a crash on startup that could happen on Linux.
– Fixed a crash that could occur in some community test chambers using BEEMod on Linux.
– Fixed the credits being corrupted on Linux.
– Fixed the intro videos for acts 2 and 3 not playing on Linux.
– Fixed the game starting in the top left corner of the screen on Linux.
– Fixed a crash in the PeTI if you placed a light strip above a laser catcher on the floor and linked it to a fizzler.
– Fixed the fizzler not playing the retract animation when turned off in new PeTI maps.
– Fixed being able to copy ‘uncopyable’ items in the PeTI leading to invalid/broken levels.
– Fixed some items in PeTI not maintaining their portalability state when expanding the chamber boundaries.
– Fixed a crash if PeTI avatars could not be retrieved.
– Fixed Cave Johnson’s lines not progressing when playing queued workshop levels.
– Fixed a memory leak that could occur when changing levels.
– Fixed a bug where you could no longer ping/taunt via mouse/keyboard if you have ever used a controller.
– Fixed the ping menu being visible when quick pinging on controller.
– Fixed the game instructor not respecting input types for respective players in split-screen mode.
– Fixed rumble not being respected for respective players in split-screen mode.
– Fixed the wrong avatar being used if playing coop after playing a workshop level.
– Fixed the OnFiredPortal2 output not firing.
– Fixed some text being duplicated on the screen multiple times.