The Switch remains to inch closer to ending up being Nintendo’s very popular equipment ever before, as it has actually currently exceeded 132 million devices offered. It did so many thanks to terrific software program sales for brand-new first-party games launched this year like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Pikmin 4.
This information originates from Nintendo’s Fiscal Year 2024 2nd quarter financial results, which finished September 30. In it, we find out the Switch has actually formally gotten to 132.46 million devices offered, obtaining it closer to the firm’s very popular equipment, the Nintendo DS at 154.02 million devices offered. The just various other console over the DS overall is the PlayStation 2 at approximately 158 million devices offered.
It’s feasible the Switch gets to the DS’ numbers, presuming a new-gen console does not finish sales of the equipment. And taking into consideration Nintendo claimed in February of in 2014 that it’s only halfway through its lifecycle, it appears like the firm will certainly remain to sustain it long after the rumored new-gen hardware is launched.
Nintendo’s newest monetary record additionally discloses that Tears of the Kingdom has actually gotten to 19.5 million devices offered, with Pikmin 4 at 2.61 million devices offered, making it the very popular game in the collection.
“In enhancement, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, launched in April, had a favorable influence on sales of Mario associated titles,” Nintendo creates in its outcomes. “Sales of other titles also continued to grow steadily, bringing the total number of million-seller titles during this period to 16, including titles from other software publishers.”
Unit sales for the whole Switch family members of gaming consoles, consisting of the OLED design and Switch Lite, are up 2.4 percent year-over-year at 6.84 million devices. That breaks down to 1.25 million requirement Switch devices, 4.69 million OLED devices, and .9 million Switch Lite gaming consoles. Total software program sales are up 1.8 percent year-over-year to 97.08 million devices. Digital sales made up 50.2 percent of complete software program sales, and electronic sales are up 15.8 percent year-over-year, as well.
Despite reports of a new-gen console from Nintendo coming up, it appears the Switch isn’t reducing. And following quarter’s sales are most likely to see a large increase many thanks to the lately launched Super Mario Bros. Wonder.
Here are the very popular Nintendo gaming consoles:
- Nintendo DS – 154.02 million devices
- Nintendo Switch – 1232.46 million devices
- Game Boy – 118.69 million devices
- Wii – 101.63 million devices
- Game Boy Advance – 81.51 million devices
- Nintendo 3DS – 75.94 million devices
- Family Computer/NES – 61.91 million devices
- Super Family Computer/SNES – 49.10 million devices
- Nintendo 64 – 32.93 million devices
- Nintendo GameDice – 21.74 million devices
- Wii U – 13.56 million devices
And below are the very popular Switch games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 57.01 million devices
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 43.38 million devices
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 32.44 million devices
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 31.15 million devices
- Super Mario Odyssey – 26.95 million devices
- Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield – 26.02 million devices
- Pokemon Scarlet/Pokemon Violet – 23.23 million devices
- Super Mario Party – 19.66 million devices
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom –19.5 million devices
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 16.7 million devices
For extra, review Game Informer’s review of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and after that look into these Zelda and Ganondorf Amiibo figures coming later on this year. After that, review Game Informer’s list of the top 10 best games on Switch.
What are you most eagerly anticipating around Nintendo’s future? Let us recognize in the remarks listed below!