New version of the bir3yk RevEmu emulator for games on the Source engine has been released.
The RevEmu emulator allows you to run games without a Steam client, provides game servers with SteamID verification and blocks various cheating software.
We strongly recommend to every assemblies creators and servers owners to make this upgrade to avoid gameplay errors, server crashes and lower online.
Installation and Upgrade
Server owners should:
- Windows — copy server’s steamclient.dll to bin folder replacing the file.
Linux — in bin folder rename steamclient.so to steamclient_valve.so then copy steamclient.so file there from the server’s archive RevEmu.
- Open config rev.ini, go to [GameServer] section and add parameters:
Check_Ticket = True Allow_Fail_Check = False Check_Ticket_Async = True
Clients creators should:
- Unpack content from client folder in archive to game catalog.
- Edit config rev.ini in [Loader] section change the line according to the executable file of the game and its short name (example: cstrike, csgo, l4d2, bms):
ProcName=hl2.exe -game cstrike -steam -silent
- In steam_appid.txt file write game’s AppID which you can find on the SteamDB site.
RevEmu Emul update from 7/26/2021
- Fixed crashes;
- Fixed bug with avatars;
- Added support for new Steam interfaces;
- Added new Steam interfaces;
- Added support for Left 4 Dead 2 latest version;
- Fixed possible cause of server crashes when a player kicks rejects;
- ProcName string length increased to 1024;
- Fixed crashes and minor bugs;
- Performance improvements in Windows 10;
- Updated protection against spoofing;
- Fixed various memory leaks.