Announcement date: March 22, 2023
Expected release date: Summer 2023
Genre: Multiplayer first-person shooter
Developer and Publisher: Valve Corporation
Platform: PC (Windows)
Interface and voice language: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, etc. (28 languages)
Version: 220.127.116.11 (build from 4/25/2023)
Counter-Strike 2 is a free CS:GO update coming out this summer that will provide players with new features and content for years to come. The new architecture, called Source 2, has made gameplay more responsive, more precise and more realistic.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the new era of Counter-Strike, download the beta version of the game from our website right now and dive into the exciting world of intense battles, unique strategies and unmatched skill!
- Smoke system – smoke grenades now use dynamic particles that interact with their surroundings, react to light, shots and explosions, and naturally fill the space.
- Revamped Visual Effects – Using the new lighting and particle systems in Source 2, the developers have created a new look and feel for explosions, fire, gunshot flashes, hits, air-splitting bullets, and more.
- Completely redesigned interface – adds player state visual effects to the game.
- Improved sound – the sounds for Counter-Strike 2 have been redesigned: they now convey the environment better, are more distinguishable, and give more information.
- Updated skins – All of your favorite skins from CS:GO will not only stay with you in Counter-Strike 2, but also become more beautiful thanks to the way Source 2 works with lighting and materials.
- Sub-tick Structure – Moving, shooting, and throwing are no longer dependent on the server’s tikret refresh, making gameplay more responsive and smooth.
Counter-Strike 2 retains the classic gameplay of the series, but with improvements and innovations that make it even more exciting and interesting.
One of the most impressive innovations in Counter-Strike 2. Smoke grenades now use dynamic volumetric particles that interact with their surroundings, react to light, shots and explosions, and naturally fill the space. Grenades and bullets disperse smoke, expanding the veil or dispersing it briefly. All of this creates new opportunities for stealthy maneuvers and makes combat an even more exciting spectacle.
They won’t leave you indifferent. Using new lighting and particle systems in Source 2, the developers created a new look and behavior of explosions, fire, bursts of gunfire, hits, splitting of air by bullets and many other things. Each effect creates a stunning atmosphere that makes you feel 100% immersed in the game.
Now it’s not just updated sounds, it’s a whole new sound space. Now you can accurately locate your enemy, hear his footsteps, know where the bullet is coming from. Sounds in the game became more distinguishable and give more information, that will help you to make decisions faster and more precisely.
The maps in Counter-Strike 2 also got a fresh look. They were supplemented or recreated from scratch to fit the new style and improve gameplay. Both classic, beloved maps and new battlefields await you.
Now that you know everything about the new features and functions of Counter-Strike 2, it’s time to start getting ready for what’s to come! Do not miss the opportunity to download the game through our Launcher. This will allow you to receive updates promptly and unlock all the skins. You will be able to evaluate all the advantages of Counter-Strike 2 and reveal the shortcomings before the global release.
- OS: Windows 7 or newer
- Processor: Intel or AMD 2.80GHz Dual Core Processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT or AMD Radeon HD3600
- Free Disk Space: 32GB
- OS: Windows 10 / 11
- Processor: Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- RAM: 8GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 580
- Free Disk Space: 32 GB
As a longtime CS:GO player, I’m thrilled with the evolution Counter-Strike 2 brings to the table. The new smoke mechanics open up endless strategic possibilities, while the sub-tick updates provide a smoother gameplay experience. The visuals are fantastic, and the reworked audio brings a whole new level of realism to the game. Don’t hesitate to try it out!
Counter-Strike 2 has exceeded all my expectations! The gameplay is more dynamic than ever, and the new smoke mechanics have added a whole new dimension to the game. The visual enhancements are breathtaking, and the revamped audio makes for a truly immersive experience. I can’t wait to see what the developers have in store for future updates and what will be in release this summer.
The moment I started playing Counter-Strike 2, I knew it was something special. The attention to detail in both the visuals and audio is astounding. The new volumetric smoke grenades and reworked environmental effects have given the game a fresh, strategic edge. I can not help but recommend playing the beta version of the game.