Ah, there’s nothing like throwing a pipe bomb at a bunch of zombies, and having that pipe bomb freeze in mid-air proper in entrance of your face and explode. State of Decay 2 wasn’t good at many issues, nevertheless it was good at being a buggy jankfest. Now, a patch from builders Undead Labs consists of fixes for the unintended facebomb, together with some extra of the worst bugs, like disappearing well being bars and doorways that received’t keep open. The patch is 20 GB giant, maybe a testomony to only how a lot of the zombie survival sport was left unpolished when it launched (for Windows 10 solely) final month.
Here are the patch notes however let’s take a look at among the worst offenders which have now been squashed:
- Grenades now not get caught and explode in entrance of consumer character’s face or behind their head whereas throwing
- Characters now not “self-shadow” when utilizing a flashlight in multiplayer
- Fixed problem with doorways showing the other of the state they’re in
- Resolved state of affairs the place, when stepping into automobiles, the digicam might change into indifferent from the participant’s character
- Elimination of white line that seems when driving at night time time
- Fixed problem with participant HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
- Fixed problem the place participant’s loot typically turns into invisible till their whole backpack is deposited right into a Supply Locker
“Some of the most noticeable changes in this patch include stability, performance, and multiplayer improvements,” add the builders. This means the unimaginable physics your automobiles would typically undergo whereas taking part in multiplayer will now be fastened too (“including cars flying into the air”).
I’m undecided large fixes and tweaking will make the infinite chores of this zombie thrasher any extra palatable. The sport’s greatest downside, as I wrote in our State of Decay 2 review, wasn’t the bugs however that it was extra a collection of repetitive buying journeys than a story-generating world of survival in opposition to the percentages. But when you’ve loved mucking about in co-op, these networking fixes may tempt you again for some looting and horn-honking.