The subsequent Pokemon Go Community Day occasion takes on Sunday, May 19. This time round it’s all about fire-type starter Pokemon Torchic and its evolutions Combusken and Blaziken, with the occasion and its rewards constructed round that evolutionary tree.
As talked about, the main focus this time is fire-type Pokemon Torchic, which might evolve into Combusken and eventually combating and fireplace twin sort Blaziken. Like many of the starter Pokemon, this isn’t the type of beast that units tier lists alight, however it’s a first rate battling Pokemon when you have a selected weak point within the fire-type injury vendor space. The twin typing with combating sort additionally makes this nice for taking down normal-type fitness center turtle Pokemon like Chansey and Snorlax. On prime of that, this occasion brings with it an opportunity to catch a shiny type – that means by way of evolution you’ll be able to internet not only a shiny Torchic, but additionally evolve to a shiny Blaziken as nicely. There’s additionally a spread of group day bonuses and rewards in May – and we’ll clarify all these intimately under. But first, a fast group day primer for the newcomers…
What is a Pokemon Go Community Day occasion, and the way does it work?
Put merely, Pokemon Go Community Day Events do what you’d doubtless count on from their title – they’re designed to get gamers out and about into the world, ideally interacting and hanging out collectively in areas which can be rife with Pokestops like parks and different public locations. These occasions are time-limited to encourage trainers to move out on the identical day and on the identical day on a Pokemon looking mission.
As a part of this, gamers are rewarded for his or her participation. Usually, group day occasions are constructed round a particular Pokemon, permitting gamers to catch extra of that Pokemon and in a shiny type. On prime of that, common bonuses embrace unique strikes for the featured Pokemon, elevated EXP, Stardust and Lure length, bonus loot like stardust and incubators, and even bonuses like fast-hatching eggs at some stage in the occasion.
If you head out to a group day occasion, you may be stunned: you’ll doubtless see different trainers catching Pokemon all over through the occasion in case you head to a spot like a neighborhood park. It’s a giant deal!
Pokemon Go May Community Day Date, Start Time and End Time
The subsequent Pokemon Go group day is for May 2019, and it’s the 17th group day we’ve had total. The occasion takes place on May 19 – and it’s value noting this breaks with Pokemon Go custom and falls on a Sunday. Typically, group days fall on a Saturday. Either approach, the timing means most individuals ought to be capable to simply free themselves up from life commitments so as to get out into the wild to spin Pokesotps and catch Pokemon for the group day interval.
As all the time, the group occasion is a limited-time occasion – it’ll run for a easy three-hour interval on the chosen day. The May Community Day Times are between 3pm and 6pm native time, no matter that’s in your native area and time zone. During these hours the group day can be energetic, in flip permitting for sure bonus rewards that make taking part within the day worthwhile.
Pokemon Go May Community Day Rewards: Shiny Torchic, Combusken and Blaziken, triple catch Stardust, unique Blast Burn transfer & extra
This May, the Pokemon Go Community Day follows the standard setup: It’s targeted on one Pokemon species, rising the spawn charges of that breed of Pokemon, making them extra simply accessible with sure highly effective strikes or in shiny types. At least this month it’s significantly thrilling, giving numerous entry to a beforehand not completely frequent Pokemon breed of a helpful sort.
As talked about above, the principle motive to participate on this group day is to catch a bunch of the featured Pokemon – this time round Torchic – after which discover one with half-decent stats and evolve or energy it as much as construct a formidable Pokemon. In this occasion that’s evolving into Combusken and Blaziken. There are another rewards, nonetheless:
- Shiny Pokemon: spawn charges can be elevated for Torchic, together with in its shiny type. Catch numerous them, and also you’ll remember to ultimately encounter a shiny Torchic – possibly a number of.
- 3x Catch Stardust: through the occasion hours, Stardust gained for catching Pokemon can be tripled. You may also stack this with Lucky Eggs for large bonuses.
- Exclusive Move – Blast Burn: there can be an unique transfer for this evolution sequence – and this time round it’s Blast Burn. Blast Burn is a brand new transfer and makes its unique debut right here as a part of group day.
- 3-Hour Lures: in case you drop a Lure on a Pokestop, it’ll final for Three hours as an alternative of 30 minutes. This means any lure dropped through the occasion will final the complete length of the occasion hours.
Combusken evolves into Blaziken, and whereas as talked about Blaziken doesn’t actually charge all that extremely on our tier listing of the best Pokemon in Pokemon Go, its twin fireplace and combating sort can are available in helpful, as that is fairly a singular mixture. Raw stats aren’t all the pieces, and this typing might make Blaziken a really perfect counter for sure Pokemon primarily based on Pokemon Go’s type strengths and weaknesses – splendid for sure Pokemon Go Raids.
Looking for a shiny? The colours it is advisable hold a watch out for so as to get shiny Torchic after which Blaziken are under.
Pokemon Go Community Day History: previous occasions
Ninatic Labs held the primary Community Day occasion in January 2018 with Pikachu. It’s continued since then:
- January 2018: Pikachu (with Surf)
- February 2018: Dratini (with Draco Meteor)
- March 2018: Bulbasaur (with Frenzy Plant)
- April 2018: Mareep (with Dragon Pulse)
- May 2018: Charmander (with Blast Burn)
- June 2018: Larvitar (with Smack Down)
- July 2018: Squirtle (with Hydro Cannon)
- August 2018: Eevee (with Last Resort)
- September 2018: Chikorita (with Frenzy Plant)
- October 2018: Beldum (with Meteor Mash)
- November 2018: Cyndaquil (with Blast Burn)
- December 2018: better of 2018
- January 2019: Totodile
- February 2019: Swinub
- March 2019: Treecko
- April 2019: Bagon (with Outrage)
- May 2019: Torchic (with Blast Burn)