Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch! You only have a few more days to gather those Bunny Eggs and hop into an Eggcellent Adventure! No eggscuses! This week, the Fjordur hype train takes a stop to look at a monstrous creature that’s very familiar to the community – Desmodus!
Announced as the third creature to land on Fjordur, Desmodus was the second winner of the Community Creature Vote! The original creature submission garnered a lot of attention and the rest is ARK community history! Desmodus won (39,781 votes) vs. Carcharodontosaurus (24,419 votes) in the 9th and final round!
As you might imagine, Desmodus prefers to hang out in dark places, waiting for its unsuspecting prey! If you’re lucky enough to tame one, you can send Desmodus to snatch up small prey or saddle up and vanish into the darkness.
Check out this post for more information on the new creatures that will arrive with Fjordur in June 2022!!
As an ARK survivor, it’s likely you’ve been in a bind and inevitably found yourself looking for information on one of ARK’s various game systems. Since 2016, the ARK wiki has served as an invaluable resource for millions of players making their first steps onto The Island. Cataloging and detailing ARK’s content, from the base experience through the expansions, is no easy task. Internally, we’ve even used it as a resource 😉.
The ARK wiki has had a happy home on Fandom and we’re grateful to have been partners as they supported the growth of the ARK wiki. We’re pleased to announce that we have a new home and partner, wiki.gg, for the Official ARK Wiki!
The ARK wiki is undergoing an evolution!
From this point forward, you can find the Official ARK Wiki at http://ark.wiki.gg!
Our intent in moving the ARK wiki is to provide a more stable and streamlined experience for the ARK community to build its future wiki roots on. The team at Wiki.gg are not new to starting community wikis and have a long history of successful community-led projects in their portfolio. Our shared vision for the ARK wiki is one that prioritizes gamers and the browsing experience over profits.
The Fandom ARK Wiki and the history of the contributors aren’t going to disappear! The wiki team at Fandom has expressed interest in keeping the ARK wiki operational and functional as a second unofficial ARK wiki.
- The Browsing Experience: Nobody likes slow-loading web pages! The ark.wiki.gg layout allows for a more streamlined and less obtrusive browsing experience.
- Creative Control: In the past, there has been no creative control over things that affect the overall presentation and user experience (ads, banners, UI, etc.).
- Marketing (Ads): Ads displayed on the ARK wiki are from internal partners from the Wiki.gg network.
- The Wiki History: All the current content of the ARK wiki has been migrated to its new home.
- Community Control: The ARK wiki community will still dictate how the content is managed, created, and edited.
- The Rules: All content moderation rules remain the same and prior ARK wiki admins have transitioned to the new official wiki.
- Become an Editor: Help improve the wiki! Wiki’s are most successful when many community members contribute content and validate information.
- Wiki’s are Worldwide: ARK players come from all around the world! We encourage non-English speakers to help make the ARK Wiki an even more valuable resource by contributing to the specific language wikis!
- Share Your Feedback: As always, we want to hear your thoughts on the Wiki transition. Anything you want to see the wiki add in the future?
- Update Your Links: Remember to help those who forget the new Official ARK Wiki home.
With this transition, The ARK wiki has evolved into a long-term platform for ARK information to thrive! The community team looks forward to hearing your thoughts on the ARK wiki transition!
There is an ongoing EVO Event included with Eggcellent Adventure. You can find the rates below:
*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game’s standard 1x rates.
- Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
- Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form
I remember when I was playing with my friend in a server on mobile, since I don’t have ARK on my PC. My friend had run off with a bunch of random tames to find a base location for us, while I was just building at the shore of spawn. I only had a parasaur and two dilos tamed, and my friend had a parasaur, dilo, baryonyx, and had recently got a free rex egg from someone. So what happened was I had recently finished building a thatch base because I didn’t have enough engrams for wood or stone, neither did my friend, and I was AFK for some time in my small thatch base. When I was got back, I was about to leave my temporary base, but once I opened the door, I had seen a therizinosaurus right outside my base. I then closed the door, not wanting it to aggro me, and went to the back of my base. I was talking with my friend, who was working on their base somewhere, and then I eventually turned around to see part of my base destroyed by the therizinosaurus. I had no idea that dinosaur had seen me, yet I stayed in the back of my base and started shooting it with my bow. I somehow killed it about 5 minutes later, and I’m still impressed that I had done that since I was about level 17, I think. But that was also when I decided that I would head out to my friends base that they were working on, so I hopped onto my parasaur and started my journey. When I got somewhat closer to my friends base, I had spotted another therizinosaurus. Not only did it see me, but it also killed my parasaur and both of my dilos. It was a sad day, but I had eventually tamed a raptor, which made me a bit happier. It wasn’t a high level, but I mainly used it for traveling faster. One I had tamed it and put a saddle on it, I continued my journey to my friends base. Shortly after, I came across a spino, and thankfully it didn’t see me when I ran past it. Soon after that, a therizinosaurus came out of nowhere and killed my raptor. I ran for my life, and shortly left the server since I was completely lost.
Creator: The Pilgrimz Project
Check out this amazing and unique build by The Pilgrimz project! Enhance your raft build with this tour and build guide!
Creator: Nexxuz World
ARKADIA 2 has begun and our Spanish and Portuguese-speaking audience has already begun creating amazing memories. Check out Nexxuz latest video if you’re looking to learn more. (Tip: You can use auto-translate subtitles on YouTube if you don’t speak Spanish). Content may be NSFW
Quick ARK Raptor Painting by @ItsCryptillian
Stole the Dragon Egg by @TZULIN_
Progress on Shadowmane by Nachara#7563
Parasaur TEK by Pet1tFlan
Island Guardians by Gerald.#4819
Ice Wyvern! by Acodan
See you on the flip side!