Apex Legends gamers are inclined to fall into two classes: the individuals who agree that Mirage is a reasonably lacklustre Legend to play as; and Matt. So, that is for you, Matt.
Kidding apart, Mirage has his points however when issues go best for you, and also you pull off that good bamboozle or distraction… Man, it feels nice. What’s extra, there’s a good quantity extra utility to Mirage’s talents than you would possibly assume, and whereas they lack the energy of the talents of a Legend like Wraith or Bangalore, an honest Mirage can change the result of a complete teamfight with a single well-timed play.
Our Apex Legends Mirage information will stroll you thru learn how to profit from Mirage’s talents each time you employ them. We’ll stroll you thru every capacity in flip and supply a mess of sensible suggestions and methods on every, together with general tips about adapting your fashion of play to swimsuit Mirage’s skillset with every game of Apex Legends.
Our Apex Legends guide sequence is filled with each beginner-friendly explanations and superior, top-tier suggestions and tips on perfecting your Apex Legends expertise. Whether you need to learn about all the opposite Apex Legends characters otherwise you’re considering discovering out the stats and spray patterns for all of the totally different Apex Legends weapons, we’ve obtained you coated.
If you’re searching for particulars on a special Legend, then merely check out the desk under and click on on a hyperlink to be taken to the hero of your selection. We’re laborious at work filling these pages up with essentially the most helpful and in-depth info, so keep tuned for particulars in your favorite Legends.
Apex Legends Mirage information – suggestions, stats, talents
Below we’ll undergo Mirage’s playstyle, strengths and weaknesses, earlier than diving into detailed info concerning hitbox sizes and every of his holographic talents. To skip to any explicit part, merely click on on its corresponding hyperlink under.
|Mirage overview – character strengths and weaknesses|
|Mirage hitbox vs other Legends|
|How to play Mirage – top tips and strategies|
Mirage is the one-trick-pony-est of one-trick-ponies. All his talents – his Passive, his Tactical, and his Ultimate – revolve round the usage of holographic decoys to confuse and distract enemy gamers. For this motive, his talents are sometimes thought-about to be the weakest of all of the characters in Apex Legends, as a result of they lack utility and flexibility; and likewise as a result of, as time goes on, gamers be taught to recognise Mirage’s decoys and you’ll now not depend on your enemies being fooled each time.
So the place’s the excellent news? Well, there are a handful of issues that the typical participant doesn’t know or totally perceive about Mirage’s capabilities, and this information will train you learn how to use them to your benefit. We’ll go into this in additional element later, however I are inclined to play Mirage rather more aggressively than most characters. Upon first look his talents appear very defence- and self-oriented, designed to get you (and solely you) out of sticky conditions. And whereas that is true, Mirage has hidden utility when performed aggressively, very similar to you’ll play a Wraith or Pathfinder, actually.
Mirage hitbox vs different Legends
The above is a composite of assorted hitbox images created by YouTuber “SookieSpy”, which carry to mild the unbelievable discrepancies in character hitboxes in Apex Legends.
Sitting in a reasonably respectable fourth place for smallest hitbox, Mirage is a reasonably slender and hard-to-hit determine, significantly when put next with the Great Wall of China that’s Gibraltar. And that is good, as a result of none of Mirage’s talents are movement-focused, so that you’re by yourself in terms of weaving and strafing between enemy gunfire.
Mirage talents information
As with all different Apex Legends characters, Mirage has entry to 3 talents: a Passive, which you profit from with out having to do something; a Tactical, an activatable capacity on brief cooldown; and an Ultimate, which is (theoretically) your strongest activatable capacity, which have to be charged over time earlier than it may be used. Much like Caustic, Mirage’s talents all make use of the identical mechanic: that of producing holographic decoys to bamboozle the enemy. Let’s take a more in-depth take a look at how every capacity works.
Passive capacity: Encore!
|Encore!||5s||Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for 5 seconds when knocked down.|
I’m simply gonna come out and say it: Mirage’s Passive is the worst capacity in Apex Legends. It’s simple sufficient to know; if you happen to’re knocked, then a decoy is generated in your home, whilst you cloak for a number of seconds. It’s meant to present you a bit extra time and a little bit of a security web towards being completed off by enemies. But there are a number of large issues with this capacity, and since there’s little or no to talk of concerning learn how to use this capacity correctly, I’ll as an alternative clarify why I feel Mirage’s Passive is in critical want of alteration.
First: your decoy is under no circumstances convincing, as a result of he doesn’t act like a knocked down participant. Instead, he goes by way of this dramatic demise animation that’s distinctive to this capacity, so everybody at all times is aware of precisely what is going on once they see it.
Second: you aren’t solely invisible whereas cloaked. It’s pretty simple to see your define shuffling away, and in contrast to, say, Wraith‘s Tactical, you can be shot while this is active. So it really doesn’t prevent from something.
Third: who within the hell needs a capability that solely advantages you if you happen to get knocked down? I’d favor to not get knocked within the first place, if I’m sincere.
Passive Ability Tips
- Your solely hope for utilizing this capacity successfully is in case you are close to a sheer drop or window so you’ll be able to shuffle rapidly down and put some critical distance between you and your foe.
- You will not be solely invisible whereas cloaked, so you can’t rely on this capacity to save lots of you from being executed.
Tactical capacity: Psyche Out
|Psyche Out||15s||15s||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.|
Psyche Out is a extra helpful capacity, and key to taking part in as Mirage is to make use of it as typically as you’ll be able to. Seriously, don’t even let it off cooldown for any stretch of time. Simply put, it’s a capability which spawns a decoy and sends it working ahead in a straight line for a short while. The intention right here is evident: to confuse and distract the enemy. But there’s a bit extra to it than that.
If an enemy shoots your decoy, then you can be alerted to their actual whereabouts by way of a Ping-like notification in your HUD. This makes Psyche Out helpful for reconnaissance functions, as you’ll be able to ship a decoy out earlier than your group heads right into a constructing or compound, to see if there are any threats current. You may also use it to nice impact alongside Bangalore‘s Smoke or Caustic‘s Nox Gas, as a result of your decoy have their very own footsteps audio similar to a participant, and so it might probably simply panic an enemy, even perhaps interrupting their heal or revive contained in the Smoke.
There’s a reasonably brief cooldown on Mirage’s Tactical so that you shouldn’t be afraid to make use of it a number of instances in a battle. And for these complaining that it’s simple to identify the decoys by their actions and actions: the purpose isn’t to distract an enemy for seconds on finish, as a result of an skilled participant won’t ever be fooled that lengthy anyway. But if you happen to distract or confuse them even for only a quarter of a second, or lengthy sufficient for them to shoot, then you’ll profit from this capacity.
Tactical Ability Tips
- Use for recon functions or to disclose unseen enemy snipers utilizing the power’s highlighting impact.
- Decoys have footstep audio similar to regular gamers, so can be utilized to panic or distract enemies.
- You can use Psyche Out whereas dropping initially of a match; it’s going to ship out a holographic model of your rocket-boosting self, which is able to journey forward of you wherever you level. This can be utilized to confuse enemy gamers and create the phantasm of contesting their drop location, however ensure you don’t additionally idiot your teammates.
- You can use Psyche Out whereas therapeutic, and it’ll not interrupt your progress.
- There are not any costs with Mirage’s Tactical capacity, so you’ll be able to solely ship out one decoy at a time utilizing Psyche Out.
- Decoys can be utilized to soundly activate Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps, and can notify you of the Caustic’s location (simply as they’re notified of your decoy’s location).
- The highlighting of enemies additionally works when your decoy is broken by Thermite Grenades, or by Bangalore’s or Gibraltar’s Ultimates.
- Risky play: in sure conditions, you’ll be able to fake to be one among your decoys by working (weapon holstered) in a selected path with out deviating, after which coming to a cease. Players who don’t shoot instantly out of intuition might be satisfied that you’re merely a decoy.
Ultimate capacity: Vanishing Act
|Name||Decoy Count||Duration||Charge Time||Description|
|Vanishing Act||5||5s||2m 30s||Deploy a group of Decoys to distract enemies whilst you cloak.|
Vanishing Act is a multifaceted capacity, and there are two foremost methods you should utilize it. Using Mirage’s Ultimate will spawn 5 decoys in a star formation round you, whereas cloaking you for a number of seconds. On the face of it, this looks as if a defence-only technique: and it’s actually true that Vanishing Act could be successfully used as a panic button. But many extra skilled gamers favor to make use of Vanishing Act in a special method than supposed.
As mentioned, whereas cloaked you aren’t totally invisible; however you’ll be able to nonetheless use this capacity to nice impact with a view to provoke a battle towards an enemy group, as a result of they received’t particularly be searching for a cloaked determine, so typically you received’t be noticed so long as you might be good about positioning and motion. You can’t use weapons, objects, or throwables whereas cloaked, however you’ll be able to nonetheless use that point to get into a superb place for a battle, maybe flanking the enemy whereas your teammates method from a special path.
Ultimate Ability Tips
- Using your Ultimate over cliffs, hills, and even slight declines will trigger the decoys to start out working slightly than simply standing nonetheless, including tremendously to their effectiveness and the way convincing they’re.
- Even higher than the above: through the wind-up animation soar if you happen to soar and transfer backwards on the proper time, then it’s going to trick your decoys into behaving as if they’re on a decline, and is a dependable methodology of constructing all of the decoys run each time slightly than standing nonetheless.
- As along with your Tactical, the purpose is to not idiot the enemy for a number of seconds; even 1 / 4 of a second is commonly sufficient so that you can make your escape and heal.
- Remember that you just can’t use weapons, objects, or throwables after utilizing this capacity till the cloak wears off.
How to play Mirage – high Mirage suggestions and methods
Finally, let’s end up with some extra basic suggestions and tips on profitable Apex Legends matches as Mirage.
- Play aggressively to get essentially the most out of Mirage’s talents. Mirage shines in surprising methods the second you abandon your preliminary impressions of learn how to play him, and undertake a extra aggressive playstyle. Use you Ultimate and/or Tactical to provoke fights, sow confusion, and rise up shut from surprising angles to finish the battle rapidly.
- Don’t count on extra out of your decoys than they will supply. I’ll say it once more: that is now not the primary few days of Apex Legends, when everybody remains to be determining what’s occurring. People will not be prone to be fooled by your decoys for greater than half a second at most. Don’t count on greater than this. Plan your performs based mostly on the truth that you solely get a tiny window of confusion to function inside.
- Use your Tactical as a lot as potential. The excellent news is that you’ve got heaps and many these tiny home windows, as a result of the cooldown in your Tactical is so low. Use it as typically as potential: when therapeutic, when reviving, when initiating, when scouting, when dropping… If nothing else, it’s good observe.
And that’s all we’ve obtained for now on the Holographic Trickster that’s Mirage in Apex Legends. Hopefully you’ve learnt a factor or two about how you should utilize (or increase) his talents. He is probably not the strongest character for the time being, however he’s actually capable of maintain his personal in a teamfight… and who is aware of what the longer term would possibly carry?