Caustic is one among two characters in Apex Legends not out there in the beginning, however which should be unlocked by spending Apex Coins or Legend Tokens. Despite his fearsome look and premium air, he is among the least widespread Legends within the game, because of his cumbersome hitbox and the dearth of mobility and utility in his skillset. But regardless of this, Caustic will be diabolical to cope with, throwing down swathes of damaging gasoline and selecting off enemies by the haze.
Our Apex Legends Caustic information is filled with tonnes of sensible suggestions and techniques relating to every of his three skills, in addition to extra basic playstyle-oriented suggestions and knowledge on different points of his character, comparable to hitbox dimension relative to the opposite characters, and upcoming stability adjustments to Caustic’s general power. So fasten your gasoline masks, and let’s get began.
Our Apex Legends guide sequence is filled with each beginner-friendly explanations and superior, top-tier suggestions and tips on perfecting your Apex Legends expertise. Whether you need to find out about all the opposite Apex Legends characters otherwise you’re excited by discovering out the stats and spray patterns for all of the completely different Apex Legends weapons, we’ve bought you lined.
If you’re in search of particulars on a unique Legend, then merely check out the desk under and click on on a hyperlink to be taken to the hero of your alternative. We’re laborious at work filling these pages up with probably the most helpful and in-depth info, so keep tuned for particulars in your favorite Legends.
Apex Legends Caustic information – suggestions, stats, skills
We’ve bought a good quantity to cowl with this Caustic information, regardless of his skills all seemingly revolving across the similar precept. To skip to a specific part of your alternative, merely click on on any of the under hyperlinks.
|Caustic overview – character strengths and weaknesses|
|Caustic hitbox vs other Legends|
Nox Gas Trap
Nox Gas Grenade
|How to play Caustic – top tips and strategies|
Caustic excels in close-quarter conditions. His skills all centre round his patented Nox Gas, which slows, blinds, and damages enemies caught inside it, and divulges their areas to Caustic by the smog. So he’ll all the time be at his greatest in confined areas; underground areas, indoors, or within the ultimate circles. Out within the open, his skills are far much less efficient until you undertake a really aggressive playstyle when encountering enemy groups.
There are a number of downsides to taking part in as Caustic in comparison with the opposite Legends. For instance, he doesn’t have a devoted methodology of escape, or any option to improve his motion pace. Instead, his skills all deal with slowing down your enemies – however your Gas may even sluggish your teammates down, so that you’ll must be sure to’re with a staff who is aware of how one can battle alongside a Caustic. But alternatively, these skills additionally enable Caustic to play rather more independently, partaking a number of enemies without delay, backed up by the safety offered by your Nox Gas Traps and Nox Vision.
The greatest cause I can provide you to start out studying Caustic now’s that we all know he’ll be buffed quickly when Season 1 arrives. The devs over at Respawn have already detailed their plan to lower the scale of his hitbox and to extend the vary and effectiveness of his Nox Gas Traps. For full particulars on this and all different upcoming adjustments, try our Apex Legends Patch Notes information.
Caustic hitbox vs different Legends
The above is a composite of varied hitbox images created by YouTuber “SookieSpy”, which deliver to gentle the unimaginable discrepancies in character hitboxes in Apex Legends.
As you may see, Caustic occupies a less-than-ideal place on this chart, second solely to the huge hulking Gibraltar when it comes to hitbox dimension. This means he’s fairly rattling straightforward to hit, notably in comparison with the tiny figures of Wraith and Lifeline. You’ll need to rely as a lot as potential in your skills to cloak your self and alter the surroundings to your benefit – a minimum of till Season 1 arrives and the hitbox points are (hopefully) sorted out.
Caustic skills information
Just like each different character in Apex Legends, Caustic comes geared up with a Passive (always-on) capacity, a Tactical (activatable on quick cooldown) capacity, and an Ultimate (activatable and requires charging over time) capacity. However, not like some other Legend, Caustic’s powers all revolve round precisely the identical software: his distinctive Nox Gas, which damages enemies these caught inside, in addition to obscuring the imaginative and prescient and stopping the sprinting of anybody inside (aside from you). Let’s check out how every of his skills work together with this mechanic.
Passive capacity: Nox Vision
|Nox Vision||Allows you to see enemies by your gasoline.|
Nox Vision is what permits Caustic to be so lethal inside his personal Nox Gas. Aside from being resistant to the injury and different results of the gasoline, Nox Vision lights up any enemies which might be at the moment being broken by your Nox Gas.
It’s one among simply two Tactical skills that spotlight enemies the best way a Digital Threat sight does, the opposite being Bloodhound‘s; but while Bloodhound’s has the benefit of seeing enemies by partitions, Caustic’s Nox Vision is dynamic, monitoring enemies at each second that they’re contained in the gasoline, slightly than simply highlighting the place they had been at a particular time.
Your Passive principally serves as one more reason to rely closely in your skills to unfold Nox Gas throughout each encounter, after which choose off enemies whereas they’re broken and weak. It additionally makes for what some may take into account to be an much more efficient methodology of defence than Bangalore’s Smoke, just because once you encompass your self with Nox Gas you’ll instantly see when an enemy is making an attempt to make their method by it to get to you.
Passive Ability Tips
- Nox Vision’s highlighting impact solely works whereas the enemies are within the Gas and taking injury; the second they transfer outdoors the gasoline, the highlighting disappears.
- In some ways this works very similar to a Digital Threat sight attachment would, so in case you discover a Digital Threat sight, it’s most likely higher suited to another person in your staff.
- You don’t have to be aiming down sights to ensure that the highlighting to take impact on enemies.
Tactical capacity: Nox Gas Trap
|Name||Gas Duration||Gas DMG||Cooldown||Description|
|Nox Gas Trap||12.5s||Starts at 1, +1 per tick, Max 10||30s||Drop canisters that launch lethal Nox gasoline when shot or triggered by enemies.|
Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps are what you actually consider once you consider what Caustic brings to the staff. These massive canisters will be dropped a (very) quick distance in entrance of you, and will be activated after a second both by proximity (i.e. if an enemy is shut sufficient to it) or by being shot, both by you, a teammate, or an enemy. Once activated, these traps will spray out a cloud of poisonous Nox Gas round it.
Like Bangalore’s Smokes, that is a capability with a number of prices. In Caustic’s case, you may have a most of three prices for this capacity (so three traps you can lay down in fast succession), however these traps if left idle will persist till the tip of the match, and you may even have a most of six of those traps on the map at any given time. If you try to put a seventh, then your oldest lure can be faraway from play, and so forth.
These traps are for use each defensively, to discourage enemies from getting nearer and to cowl your self in Nox Gas, and offensively, to stress enemies hidden round corners and behind cowl. It’s an excellent concept to shoot your traps shortly after throwing them, slightly than counting on enemies to stumble too shut. The cause for that is that it’s pretty well-known now you can shoot the underside cylindrical purple part of the lure so as to destroy it with out setting off the Nox Gas.
Tactical Ability Tips
- The foremost a part of the Nox Gas Trap is bullet-proof, and might subsequently be used as (considerably efficient) cowl in sure conditions. However, you may shoot the underside purple part of the lure to destroy it totally.
- These Traps are the one vital type of non-weapon injury out there to any character in the beginning of the game, so benefit from it early on when dropping in widespread and confined areas such because the Supply Ship.
- The injury inflicted upon enemies will increase the longer they keep within the Gas.
- You can use these Traps to dam doorways from opening – although many opponents can have the wherewithal to kick or blow open the door as an alternative.
- It’s a good suggestion to put down and shoot one or two of those Traps once you need to heal up or revive a teammate, to obscure your self and act as a deterrent.
- You ought to try to put these traps so they don’t seem to be instantly seen, or enemies will simply shoot the bottoms of them to destroy them. Place them round corners, in bushes, and so forth.
- The “detection range” of the canisters (past which an enemy would set off the Trap) is half that of the particular Gas radius, so enemies can be caught in the course of the Gas in the event that they activate it.
Ultimate capacity: Nox Gas Grenade
|Name||Gas DMG||Duration||Charge Time||Description|
|Nox Gas Grenade||Starts at 1, +1 per tick, Max 10||20s||2m 30s||Blankets a big space in Nox gasoline.|
Caustic’s Ultimate is frankly slightly underwhelming, and has no proper to have the cost time that it does. It doesn’t even have the suitable to be an Ultimate, actually, because it’s kind of the identical as putting down and capturing two or three of his Nox Gas Traps. But nonetheless, it has some utility that his Tactical lacks.
Nox Gas Grenade is strictly as you’d anticipate from the title; you throw a grenade, and it explodes on influence into a big cloud of Nox Gas, about twice the diameter of a daily Nox Gas Trap. And that’s it, actually. It’s helpful in that you just don’t need to trouble with throwing after which capturing to ensure that it to activate, and it may be used to nice impact to obscure your self when that you must heal or revive a teammate; and there may be some use in with the ability to throw it additional than a traditional Trap.
But probabilities to make use of this capacity offensively are only a few and much between, as they depend on an enemy staff that doesn’t react rapidly to the Gas. You may get just a few ticks of injury in, however that’ll be it: which is why I’d advise you retain maintain of your Ultimate till that you must use it as a deterrent. Think of it as one among Bangalore’s Smoke Grenades – search for alternatives to dam an space off, or to obscure your self or a teammate from the enemy as you reposition or heal.
Ultimate Ability Tips
- Caustic’s Nox Gas Grenade injury doesn’t stack atop the Nox Gas Trap injury.
- This Ultimate capacity is greatest utilized in all the identical methods as a daily Nox Gas Trap, however it’s sluggish to cost, so don’t depend on it throughout fights as you gained’t all the time have entry to it.
- One glorious aggressive use for the Nox Gas Grenade is in case you are up towards a staff with a Bangalore, and so they’re hiding inside Smokes. Throw your Gas Grenade within the Smoke, and it’ll trigger chaos contained in the clouds of fog and smog, flushing them out into the open.
How to play Caustic – prime Caustic suggestions and techniques
Finally, let’s end up with some extra basic suggestions and tips on profitable Apex Legends matches as Caustic.
- Be aggressive. Caustic is most weak out within the open, so that you must shut distances as rapidly as potential. Go for flanks, discover methods to show the encounter right into a close-quarters one the place you may make good use of your skills.
- Learn the place you’re strongest: indoors, underground, within the ultimate Rings. Always search for alternatives to make use of your Nox Gas properly. Look for confined areas all through the match, and gravitate in direction of them. This must also have an effect on the place you land; locations like Skull Town and Slum Lakes are supreme. For extra info on all of the completely different areas throughout King’s Canyon, try our detailed Apex Legends map and locations information.
- Use your Nox Gas as a deterrent when that you must. Caustic’s Gas is one thing that incites worry within the enemy. It’s all the time a scary factor to search out your self nose to nose with a Nox Gas Trap. Use this to your benefit, creating blockades and “hostile” zones between you and the enemy staff once you want time to reposition or heal. This can also be helpful when you find yourself being third-partied; use your Nox Gas to sluggish the progress of 1 staff as you have interaction the opposite, or retreat to a safer location.
And that’s all the pieces we’ve bought for now on Caustic. He’s a tough Legend to grasp, for positive, however I’ve seen some really expert Caustics earlier than, and imagine me, they will actually wreck your day. There’s no higher time to start out studying this soon-to-be-buffed character, so why not make the leap into the Nox Gas, and discover out all his strengths for your self?