One of the perfect methods to progress in Pokemon Go is to remain on high of the Pokemon Go Research Quests – always altering missions and actions that gamers can decide up and full for bonuses and rewards.
Pokemon Go’s analysis quests are break up into two classes: Field Research and Research Breakthroughs.
Field Research gadgets are picked up from Pokestops and are primarily random, although the given quests and rewards change from month to month. Completing these can result in Research Breakthroughs which give additional distinctive rewards that additionally rotate over time. Special Research is much less random – it’s a collection of missions set for you by Professor Willow which push in the direction of supplying you with entry to potential catch particularly uncommon, legendary Pokemon. Let’s go over how every works intimately…
How Pokemon Go Research: How Field Research Quests work and get their rewards
Field Research are primarily missions that you just accumulate once you spin PokeStops. Each PokeStop will get one particular area analysis mission assigned to it every day, and although you possibly can full a quest greater than as soon as per day you’ll solely ever decide up the identical mission from any given PokeStop.
You can full as many area analysis quests as you, and the rewards for any given quest will fluctuate just a little relying on the search you get. Generally talking, you’ll need to purpose to finish no less than one quest per day with a purpose to work in the direction of your analysis breakthrough, nonetheless – however extra on that in a second.
Quests vary throughout all elements of Pokemon Go and in a way exist to get gamers to expertise all elements of the game. Field analysis quests would possibly ask you to battle in a raid, battle in a health club, hatch Pokemon eggs, catch sure Pokemon types and even spin Pokestops – and these are just some examples. Sometimes a job will reward you with the gadgets, however different occasions you’ll be rewarded with a uncommon Pokemon encounter – area analysis is the one technique to encounter and catch Spinda, for example – the encounter with a Spinda you should catch one solely comes as the results of a Pokeball-throwing associated area analysis mission. As an apart, these encounters are actually helpful since Pokemon encountered on this approach can’t flee.
The quests and rewards on supply rotate in a month-to-month method for probably the most half, which means on the finish of 1 month Niantic will retire quests and rewards and substitute them with new ones. Sometimes they’ll maintain a quest however substitute its reward – it actually varies from month to month, and infrequently there’s a theme to a month – like how August 2018 featured Raikou as a possible reward and a variety of different electrical Pokemon. April 2019 is as soon as once more a double-month occasion devoted to legendary Pokemon – supplying you with an opportunity to catch the likes of Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Some of those have appeared as area analysis rewards earlier than – however some haven’t, and the prospect of which you get is random.
Research Breakthroughs in Pokemon Go: incomes the large reward for April: Lugia, Ho-Oh, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regice, Registeel and Regirock
As you possibly can see within the screenshot above – and in game – the sector analysis display has a collection of stamps including as much as seven stamps. You can solely earn one stamp per day even when you full a number of missions – so mainly, this collection of stamps is designed to final per week. When you attain the seventh day you’ll unlock a Research Breakthrough, represented on the display by the large wrapped-up parcel from Professor Willow.
Exactly what shall be inside these packages varies from month to month alongside the opposite analysis bonuses and rewards, plus a Sinnoh Stone evolution merchandise. The greatest factor, nonetheless, is that each month this tends to characteristic a Pokemon encounter. These are often with high-end, uncommon Pokemon – generally even legendary Pokemon – among the best Pokemon in Pokemon Go. That means you’ll have an infinite quantity of tries to catch them since Pokemon encountered on this approach can’t run away. So lengthy as you’ve got persistence and Pokeballs, you possibly can maintain attempting till they’re caught. This is a superb place to follow how to make excellent throws and curveball throws in Pokemon Go, too.
Pokemon caught this manner may also have naturally excessive stats – the identical type of stats that you just would possibly discover on Pokemon encountered as a part of raid battles. All in all, it is a nice technique to catch uncommon Pokemon. Here’s how previous months have gone:
For April 2019, the sector analysis rewards shall be a matter of random likelihood to a level: when you full per week’s price of area missions you’ll have an opportunity at encountering considered one of eight legendary Pokemon: gen 2 legendary birds Ho-Oh and Lugia, gen 2 legendary beasts Entei, Suicune and Raikou, and eventually legendary ‘regi’ Pokemon Regirock, Regice and Registeel. The latter three have up to now solely been out there by raids.
April Field Research Rewards: present area analysis missions and rewards
As we beforehand defined, the whole lot across the area analysis system is on rotation – each month brings round a distinct set of occasions with totally different objectives, and we’re going to maintain this web page present with regardless of the present mission set is. For April area analysis breakthrough you’ll be rewarded a chance to catch one of some legendary Pokemon from the second Pokemon technology – legendary birds Ho-Oh and Lugia and legendary beasts Raikou, Entei and Suicune. As a last bonus, the ‘regi’ legendary Pokemon can also make an look – Regice, Regirock and Registeel and Lugia. Which seems is random, so cross your fingers on your favorite or for the one you’re lacking.
All you need to do to get that is rack up seven days price of stamps by finishing one area analysis mission a day – in flip supplying you with 4 possibilities to do that when you’re on the ball in January. The Pokemon on supply run the gamut – flying, hearth, ice, electrical, water and even metal kind – and on condition that they’re all highly effective this additionally provides you an important likelihood to spice up your group when it comes to Pokemon type strengths and weaknesses.
Here’s the quests that you just’ll discover in your Field Research part throughout April 2019 – however bear in mind, these quests are rewarded at random from PokeStops, so which you see is solely all the way down to likelihood. As it’s solely the beginning of April, we’re nonetheless determining the present quests and rewards, including and eradicating February’s quests as needed. This web page needs to be absolutely up to date by the fifth. There’s plenty of quests that offer you fundamental rewards too, like Pokeballs, Stardust and different gadgets – however these are those that reward these all-important Pokemon encounters:
Battle Field Missions & Rewards
- Battle in a Gym: Mankey or Mankey encounter
- Battle in a Gym 5 occasions: Machop encounter
- Win a Gym Battle: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Win 3 Gym Battles: Jynx encounter
- Win 5 Gym Battles: Lapras encounter
- Battle in a Raid: Drowzee encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Win a Level Three or Higher Raid: Omanyte encounter or Kabuto encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Win 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter (shiny likelihood)
- Use a Super-Effective Charge Attack 7 Times: Electabuzz encounter
Catch Field Missions & Rewards
- Catch 10 Pokemon: Magikarp encounter (shiny likelihood up) or Houndour encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Vulpix or Poliwag encounter
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini (shiny likelihood up)
- Catch 5 Fighting-type Pokemon: Magnemite encounter
- Catch 5 Normal, Electric or Poison-type Pokemon: Starmie encounter
- Catch 7 Flying, Psychic or Dark-type Pokemon: Anorith encounter
- Catch 10 Ice-type Pokemon: Kabuto encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Catch 10 Ground-type Pokemon: Sandshrew encounter (shiny likelihood up)
Berry Field Missions & Rewards
- Use 5 Berries whereas catching Pokemon: Growlithe encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Use 5 Razz Berries whereas catching Pokemon: Cubone encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Use 10 Pinap Berries whereas catching Pokemon: Magikarp encounter (shiny likelihood up)
Pokeball & Throw Field Missions & Rewards
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Bidoof encounter or Voltorb encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws: Gastly encounter (shiny likelihood up), Lileep encounter or Anorith encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row: Onix encounter
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda encounter
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row: Larvitar encounter (shiny likelihood)
Pokemon Management & Evolution Field Missions & Rewards
- Evolve a Pokemon: Eevee encounter or Sunkern encounter (shiny likelihood up)
- Power up a Pokemon 5 occasions: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle encounter (shiny likelihood)
- Use an merchandise to evolve a Pokemon: Aerodactyl encounter (shiny likelihood)
- Trade a Pokemon: Manectric encounter
- Transfer 3 Pokemon: Vulpix encounter
- Earn 5 Candies strolling together with your Buddy: Tentacruel encounter
- Send 2 Gifts to Friends: Gastly encounter (shiny likelihood up)
Egg Hatching Field Missions & Rewards
- Hatch an Egg: Snubbull encounter (shiny likelihood) or Exeggcute encounter
- Hatch 3 Eggs: Magmar encounter
- Hatch 5 Eggs: Chansey encounter (plus 3 Rare Candy)
Past Research Breakthrough Rewards
For posterity’s sake, listed here are the previous area analysis breakthrough rewards as featured in Pokemon Go – simply so you understand what you’ve missed.
2018 Research Breakthrough rewards in Pokemon Go:
- April 2018: Moltres (fire-themed analysis)
- May 2018: Zapdos (electric-themed analysis)
- June 2018: Articuno (ice-themed analysis)
- July 2018: Snorlax (Kanto analysis)
- August 2018: Raikou (electric-themed analysis)
- September 2018:Entei (fire-themed analysis)
- October 2018: Suicune (water-themed analysis)
- November 2018: Shedinja (bug-themed analysis)
- December 2018: Best of 2018 (all earlier Pokemon)
- January & February 2019: Legendary Birds
- March & April 2019: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Regice, Registeel, Regirock
Special Research Quests & Tasks in Pokemon Go: a fast introduction
A bit swipe throughout your area analysis menu may also take you to the Special Research Tasks. These work just a little otherwise, and mercifully for my fingers (and your eyes) don’t require a lot help or rationalization on this web page. Still, for avoidance of confusion, let’s discuss them a bit.
The Special Research Quests are primarily the closest factor Pokemon Go has to a ‘story mode’ – these are mounted quests with mounted aims and, in the end, mounted rewards. Each ‘stage’ of the Special Research Quests requires you to finish three missions every with a smaller particular person reward with a purpose to unlock the bigger reward for that section of the search. Once you’ve achieved that, Professor Willow will then introduce the subsequent section to you.
The first Special Research Quest within the game is ‘A Mythical Discovery’, and it’s not a lot of a spoiler to say it results in your capability to unlock legendary 151st Pokemon Mew within the game – and now, it could possibly additionally unlock mythical creature Celebi. Getting there requires completion of a variety of missions, nonetheless, doing the whole lot from health club battles and raids to catching rarer, difficult-to-locate Pokemon like Ditto. Completing every section of the mission will ultimately ship you to an encounter with the legendary Pokemon.