With the arrival of Team Rocket in Pokemon Go, the massive cell game is altering as soon as once more – and one new aspect that’s arrived alongside the villainous crew are Shadow Pokemon and, after some coach effort, Purified Pokemon.
Shadow Pokemon are a particular new addition to Pokemon Go, although they’ve appeared in different Pokemon games earlier than. They seem as a part of the Team Rocket Pokestop invasions where Rocket Grunts turn Pokestops into Rocket Stops. In order to come across Shadow Pokemon you’ll first have to discover a Team Rocket Grunt – extra data on that within the hyperlink above.
How to catch Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Go
After discovering your self an invaded Rocket Pokestop, you’ll be capable of battle the close by Team Rocket Grunt NPC. These grunts will deploy red-eyed Shadow Pokemon towards you in battle. After a battle is full, you’ll get an opportunity to catch one of many Rocket Grunt’s Shadow Pokemon – precisely which is plucked from the desk of accessible Shadow Pokemon within the game, which you’ll find just a little beneath.
The variety of Premier Balls you must catch the Shadow Pokemon might be decided by your battle efficiency – like with Pokemon Gym Raid Bosses, however in a single-player, player-versus-enemy setting. The Premier Ball allowance is decided by what number of Pokemon are nonetheless acutely aware in your crew on the finish of battle and by a few of your medal ranges.
These are the Pokemon you possibly can at the moment encounter in Shadow type:
Pokemon Go Shadow Pokemon List
Here’s the entire Pokemon that may seem in Pokemon Go as Shadow Pokemon kinds, which might then be purified to get high-stat common Pokemon.
|Shadow Pokemon||Shadow Evolutions||Image||Type||Generation|
|Bulbasaur||Ivysaur, Venusaur||Grass/Poison||Gen 1|
|Charmander||Charmeleon, Charizard||Fire||Gen 1|
|Squirtle||Wartortle, Blastoise||Water||Gen 1|
|Dratini||Dragonair, Dragonite||Dragon||Gen 1|
|Mudkip||Marshtomp, Swampert||Water||Gen 3|
Pokemon Go Shadow Battle Counters & Weaknesses
When the time involves battle Shadow Pokemon and Rocket Grunts, there’s a number of Shadow Pokemon you possibly can encounter that type high-end, raid-like boss encounters – Snorlax, Dragonite, Blastoise, Charizard and Venusaur.
As with Pokemon Go Raid bosses, one of the best factor to pay attention to are the counters and weaknesses for preventing these Shadow Pokemon so you possibly can exploit their sort strengths and weaknesses along with your finest Pokemon and defeat them shortly and effectively. With that in thoughts, listed below are some notes for every…
Shadow Snorlax Counters & Weakness
Snorlax is a normal-type Pokemon, which tends to be fairly simple to defeat usually – however the Shadow model of this man isn’t any joke. It can take some severe punishment, absorbing the harm prefer it’s nothing. We recommend the next counters:
- Mewtwo with strikes like Psycho Cut and Focus Blast
- Weavile with Ice Shard and Focus Blast
- Tyranitar with some mixture of Smack Down, Crunch or Stone Edge
- Metagross is nice with Psychic, Bullet Punch or Meteor Mash
- Lucario is a superb fighting-type counter with Counter and Close Combat due to its steel-type giving it some harm resistance
Shadow Dragonite Counters & Weakness
Dragonite presents you with the basic dragon-type Pokemon weak spot conundrum – it’s dragon is weak to dragon, so the easiest way to down it’s to convey alongside one other dragon-type… however then that will even be twice as weak to Dragonite’s assaults. It’s additionally weak to Ice, nonetheless. Here’s some robust counters to Shadow Dragonite of each the dragon-type and in any other case…
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Ice Beam
- Lapras with Ice Shard and Ice Beam
- Mamoswine with any ice-type strikes
- Weavile with any ice-type strikes
- Gyarados with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Articuno with Ice Shard and Icy Wind
Shadow Vensaur Counters & Weakness
Venusaur is primarily grass-type (with a facet of poison), and so taking down its shadow model is finest carried out with a wholesome dose of fireside. Here’s some counter options:
- There’s a lot of helpful fire-type legendary Pokemon which are efficient counters in case you have them: Moltres, Ho-Oh and Entei are all viable counters
- Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage doesn’t exploit a weak spot however is a superb base-line harm seller
- Heatran with Fire Spin & Stone Edge
Shadow Charizard Counters & Weakness
As a joint Fire and flying-type Pokemon, Charizard has some strong weaknesses that may be exploited as counters for this battle – so regardless of its energy, it’s one of many simpler high-end Shadow Pokemon to take down proper now. It’s all in regards to the water and rock varieties…
- Tyranitar is likely one of the finest rock-type Pokemon within the game, so it’s a pure match and is a top-tier response right here.
- Legendary water Pokemon Kyogre can be a stunner right here, in case you have it.
- Omastar with Rock Slide and Mud Shot might be very efficient right here
- Likewise for Kabutops with Mud Show and Ancient Power
Shadow Blastoise counters & Weakness
Countering water-type shadow Pokemon is all about bringing out the highly effective grass-type beasts. Thunder can work nice too, however for our cash grass is the place it’s at, particularly contemplating a water-type shadow encounter has an opportunity to be Marshtomp, which is able to resist Thunder. Here’s a few of our Shadow Blastoise counter options…
- The top-tier Grass-type Pokemon Roserade and Sceptile are nice right here.
- Venusaur can be efficient – by no means underestimate a mirror match
- Leafeon is a stronger Eevee Evolution than many factor, and is nicely value a glance
- If you have to go electrical, go legendary: Zapdos, Raioku, etcetera
Purifying Shadow Pokemon to make highly effective Purified Pokemon with the unique Return transfer
Once you’ve caught a Shadow Pokemon, it’ll be added to your Pokemon roster like some other catch, however it’s going to retain its shadowy nature, preserving the pink eyes and the nasty purple cloud round it. Shadow Pokemon will even have the charged normal-type transfer Frustration, which is a advantageous transfer and all but additionally not as helpful as any of the extra particular strikes it may have. Other than that, Shadow Pokemon act and performance like some other.
The excellent news is which you could remedy that shadowy evil presence with a number of easy steps – and that is identified and Purifying Pokemon. You can do that from a Pokemon’s profile web page, and purifying a Pokemon will value a small quantity of sweet and stardust.
Purified Pokemon perform like some other Pokemon, however due to their cute little redemption arc from being beholden to Team Rocket they’ve some highly effective bonuses which could possibly be vital if we get Shadow and Purified variations of among the Best Pokemon in Pokemon Go:
- Purified Pokemon will by default have the normal-type cost transfer Return – and this transfer is solely unique to Purified Pokemon. They’ll maintain on to this transfer even by means of evolution, although it may be eliminated with TMs.
- Purified Pokemon will get +2 to all of its Individual Values, the bottom stats that decide a Pokemon’s energy and power.
- Purified Pokemon have a reduction to the Stardust and Candy prices related to powering up. This bonus stacks with these of Lucky Pokemon.
- Purified Pokemon additionally get a reduction on the price of their 2nd cost transfer for PVP battles.