Our outdated pal Osiris has as soon as once more performed one thing daft in Destiny 2, so right here we come to repair his time-travelling mess. Season Of Dawn, the second season since Shadowkeep, began as we speak and it sends us to Mercury to cope with a large bizarre Vex machine Osiris slapped collectively. He wished to avoid wasting his buddy Saint-14 from the Infinite Forest, he by accident gave the Cabal a time machine to win the conflict we ourselves received in the course of the unique marketing campaign. Nice one, Osiris. Nailed it. Again. The fanciest elements of the brand new season are reserved for season move homeowners, however newness is coming for everybody, even free-to-players.
Some time again, Osiris constructed a machine he calls his Sundial, supposed to assist him scan the Vex’s universe simulation to seek out the place they trapped his mate Saint in a centuries-long battle to his dying. When that didn’t work, he simply threw a tarp over it. Real good. Now some Cabal psions found it and are actually looking for a timeline the place they might win the Red War and crush humanity.
The Sundial is the main target of a brand new six-player matchmade exercise, which can be obtainable solely this season. Players pile in to struggle a roulette wheel of encounters throughout the previous, current, and way forward for Mercury, resulting in a boss (new ones will rotate in throughout the season) and goodies. I’ll have to play extra to get a way of how a lot it modifications, however I sorely hope it’s much less repetitive than final season’s Vex Offensive.
The Sundial can also be tied right into a sequence of Obelisks we unlock and cost on numerous planets to unlock bounties for the sure weapons, improve to offer planet-wise bonuses, and… there’s lots occurring. Plus, from December 17 we’ll get a quest to go save Saint, which sounds good.
Also new with the brand new season: new seasonal weapons and armour, a brand new seasonal Artifact with new seasonal mods to unlock, and a brand new battle move. If you purchase the Season Of Dawn move, you’ll get far more loot out that battle move.
The specifics of what’s free for everybody and what it is advisable personal the season move for get messy. Go see Bungie’s Season Of Dawn page for extra on the season and the calendar of content material and occasions.
Oh goodness me there’s nonetheless extra to go over. A patch! Just a few issues stand out to me:
- Oh my god I can trip my spacebike round Mercury now.
- Solar subclasses are principally buffed, with some getting new skills. Many modifications.
- Just a few different subclasses are tweaked too. They’ve even buffed Thundercrash, although not practically sufficient.
- The energy caps is raised by 10, making the brand new Powerful cap 960 and the Pinnacle 970.
- The Recluse’s particular perk not offers such a big enhance to non-headshot injury. Please let its tedious reign over all modes finish.
- One-Eyed Mask not grants an overshield. Will this be the nerf that ends this absolute dick of a hat?
- Linear fusion rifles get a 20% injury buff (besides Sleeper, oh expensive) and extra goal acquisition guiding pictures at close-mid vary.
- Sidearms get a lot more goal acquisition.
- Ammo Scavenger mods give much less bonus ammo, although now you can stack scav mods.
- The PvP Crucible added a brand new map, Rusted Lands (coming back from the primary game), and refreshed playlist map rotations.
- Elimination is now a everlasting fixture of the Crucible.
- Escalation Protocol’s closing chest not wants a key so you can begin farming that fancy Rasputin armour.
- Anarchy, the Exotic grenade launcher from the Scourge of the Past raid, has its drop price doubled from 5% to 10%. Good luck – it’s enjoyable.
- You can add finisher animations to a playlist of favourites, then every kill will play a random one.
- Clan lists are nonetheless busted and worse than they had been on Battle.internet.
- You can not stand on sticky grenades. Apparently this was a bug? Boooo!
See the update 2.7.0 patch notes for extra.
If you didn’t get the 12 months of season passes with Shadowkeep’s Deluxe Edition, Season Of Dawn will price you £8.49/€9.99/$9.99. If you don’t play Destiny 2 in any respect, hey, the bottom game is free-to-play on Steam