Patch 1.11 for Overwatch (console patch 2.12, we predict, pad-fans) is now in public testing. It’s obtained nerfs and buffs, although nothing drastic, in addition to a load of high quality of life modifications to each heroes and programs – rezzes within the kill feed, Mercy-killers rejoice! All the small print beneath.
For what we learn about the way forward for Overwatch, verify our devoted updates post.
Overwatch Patch 1.11 Release Date
Patch 1.11 is on PTR now, making it playable on PC in case you obtain the take a look at shopper. Patches usually spend three or 4 weeks on the PTR and launch on a Tuesday, so you may anticipate to see the patch someplace round May 23 – the day earlier than the anniversary. Hmm!
Overwatch Patch 1.11 Hero Balance Changes
Genji – buffed
- Removed the assault cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing potential, permitting him to have interaction with enemies instantly after finishing a climb
Hanzo – buffed
- Removed the assault cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing potential, permitting him to have interaction with enemies instantly after finishing a climb
Developer feedback: “This is a high quality of life change to make wall climbing really feel higher.”
Neither of these are notably going to mild the world on hearth, although it does imply in excessive circumstances Genji can go a lil’ bit broken.
- Storm Bow (Primary Fire):
- Increased cost velocity by 10%
- Charged arrows now preserve their cost after climbing a wall, supplied the button is constantly held
Developer feedback: “Decreasing Hanzo’s draw time provides him extra general DPS, whereas additionally letting him absolutely cost an arrow and extra shortly return to full motion velocity when wanted.”
Much because the joke of the Hanzo fundamental continues (which Kaplan himself can only aspire to be), the character is fairly weak. In line with Overwatch’s normal modifications, this appears centered on making him extra enjoyable to play, whereas hoping that improves his standing within the tier list on the similar time.
Orisa – modified
- Fusion Driver (Primary Fire):
- Protective Barrier (E):
- Cooldown decreased to eight seconds from 12 seconds
Developer feedback: “To assist Orisa preserve the entrance line for her crew, we’re lowering the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change additionally helps her reposition the barrier extra simply when wanted. To compensate for this new defensive energy, we’re lowering her Fusion Driver’s injury, because it felt too excessive.”
For a tank, Orisa may put out some mad injury. However, her protect was not as helpful as Reinhardt’s bigger, hardier model. This is a step in that course, although clearly Blizzard will not need to completely swap her over.
Reaper – buffed
- Wraith Form (Shift):
- Ammo is now totally refilled when Wraith Form is used
Developer feedback: “Wraith Form is often used as an escape potential after firing. This change provides Reaper a preventing likelihood if an enemy chases him down as he makes use of it.”
Not the most important buff on the planet for an additional of the sport’s least-used heroes, but it surely’s a high quality of life change that may make play far much less irritating. Blizzard have mentioned up to now they do not need to make Wraith Form one thing you may cancel out of, the opposite apparent buff, so that is the change left to them.
Reinhardt – nerfed
- Earthshatter (R):
- Effective peak has been lowered from three meters to 2 meters
- The peak threshold of objects that Earthshatter can “climb” has been lowered from three meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter much less prone to climb tall objects because it “crawls” alongside the bottom.
Developer feedback: “Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly excessive, often hitting targets that had been considerably above the bottom. These modifications assist the flexibility keep extra grounded.”
More of a bug repair right here, however likely knowledgeable Reins may have gotten used to the climbing energy. It’s not like he would not want introduced down a peg although, so honest play.
Soldier: 76 – nerfed
- Heavy Pulse Rifle (Primary Fire):
- Bullet injury decreased from 20 to 19
Developer feedback: “Soldier: 76 is in a a lot better place recently, however his injury output was making him a should choose, in comparison with related roles.”
The solely straight nerf within the patch, and never a humongous one, however one of many sport’s greatest DPSers getting a tone down. Nobody goes to be sad about this.
Overwatch Patch 1.11 Custom Game Changes
- Players can now disable secondary hearth and secondary weapons in Custom Games
- You can now disable one Symmetra final whereas leaving the opposite energetic
The first of those has been promised for some time, the opposite is clearly a novel state of affairs that wasn’t initially accounted for. While the customized sport part is not utilized by the vast majority of the playerbase, it’s a particularly great tool – extra stuff is sweet, shock.
Overwatch Patch 1.11 Bug Fixes
The normal spherical of modifications right here, together with making it simpler to BM your opponents in POTGs. Hidden down right here can be the be aware that Mercy rezzes, environmental kills and assists are all now within the kill feed.
- Fixed a problem that prevented voice strains from being heard in the course of the Play of the Game
- Fixed a problem inflicting shields to show the fallacious crew colour in the course of the Play of the Game
- Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and quite a few talents
- Fixed a bug inflicting the introduction earlier than 1v1 Mystery Duels to be interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed bots to grow to be caught across the properly on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that triggered Lucio’s therapeutic and velocity tune auras to be inaccurately projected
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from blocking the alternate hearth from Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier
- Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa’s Protective Barrier from deploying in sure conditions
- Fixed a problem that affected some graphics playing cards, inflicting an inaccurate ammo rely to be displayed with Pharah’s Mechaqueen and Raptorion skins outfitted
- Fixed a bug that would forestall two charging Reinhardts from having the ability to kill one another
- Fixed a bug that prevented Winston’s Primal Rage final from restoring his well being when hit by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a bug that triggered Tracer to maneuver oddly when she first appeared within the tutorial
- Fixed a problem inflicting asymmetry between pillars on the Ruins seize level on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to succeed in unintended places on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
There’s additionally this publish of unlisted modifications on Reddit. Some of them are within the above, because it was largely in comparison with an early, leaked model of the patch notes discovered on BlizzTrack.
That’s it for Overwatch patch 1.11 – 1.12 ought to comply with subsequent month, by normal timing. We’ll replace this publish as Blizzard do.