Fabien explains it in his first impressions : this time, we will play Alex Chen, a capable young woman “of feeling, absorbing, and manipulating the strong emotions of others, which she sees in the form of colored aura.“In fact, it is the death of her brother in an alleged accident that will force her to accept this supernatural power, and thus reveal the dark secrets of the city of Haven Springs. Of course, she will have the opportunity. to forge strong links with different residents (Ryan and Steph among others), and to make choices that will impact the unfolding of events.
Beyond the wardrobe which can contain up to 24 outfits, and the soundtrack composed of both original music (Mxmtoon and Novo Amor) and licensed (Radiohead, Phoebe Bridgers, Gabrielle Aplin for example), it should be noted that Life is Strange: True Colors will not be split into episodes: it will be released in a single block on September 10 on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, PC and Stadia.
Finally, in addition to being available for pre-order, the game is available in two special editions:
- The full game Life is Strange: True Colors.
- The Exclusive Wavelengths Bonus Story: Play as Steph a year before Alex arrived in Haven Springs in a standalone story set in the iconic Rocky Mountain Record Traders store and his radio station, KRCT.
- Exclusive Life is Strange Hero Outfit Pack: Change up Alex’s look with four new outfits inspired by previous protagonists. The pack includes clothing inspired by Chloe’s Misfit Skull outfits, Sean’s Wolf Squad, Daniel’s Space Mission, and Max’s Jane Doe outfit will be available in every chapter of the main game.
- Life is Strange: True Colors
- The exclusive bonus story “Wavelengths”
- Exclusive Life is Strange Hero Outfit Pack
- Life is Strange Remastered
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Zombie Crypt Outfit