Epic Games has launched a listing of audio enhancements coming in patch 8.01.
Fortnite’s technical sound designer, Seth Weedin, popped onto Reddit to inform gamers in regards to the upcoming audio enhancements heading to Fortnite in patch 8.01.
Some of the adjustments have already rolled out on this week’s update 8.00, however you possibly can try Weedin’s full checklist of promised enhancements under.
- Improvement to the usual AR sound in order that it’s not overbearing on the shooter.
- Tightened up the sound, so it’s extra of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies.
- Helps mitigate eventualities the place “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends within the above/under layers, fairly than abruptly switching between them.
- Prevents jarring footstep transitions between flooring immediately above or under. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies once they’re above or under.
- This helps mitigate eventualities the place an enemy has line-of-sight on you however their footsteps nonetheless sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce quantity of the S8 palm tree umbrella.
- This solely impacts the umbrella open/shut layers. Don’t fear, the metal drum riff quantity is preserved.
Switch gamers reporting that the Season Eight umbrella isn’t making the drum beat sound can also expect the issue to be fixed in replace 8.01.