Windows Defender and Civ 6 aren’t taking part in good collectively for some. Here’s find out how to repair it.
Civilization 6: How to cease the sport getting caught on the ‘Loading, Please Wait’ display screen
While it’s been a remarkably easy launch for a big-name PC recreation, Civilization 6 has nonetheless had some minor points within the wake of its launch. Chief amongst them is a nasty little bug which sees the sport take its candy time loading or in some cases fail to load in any respect. This is a ache, however concern not: there’s a easy repair!
It seems that this loading loop is being attributable to some shenanigans with anti-virus apps, particularly the built-in Windows Defender for Windows 10. You may simply disable the app, however given it’s most individuals’s anti-virus we wouldn’t suggest that. There is one other method, nevertheless.
Here’s what you have to do so as to get into the sport correct and start constructing your empire:
Add an Exclusion for Civ 6 to Windows Defender to repair the loading troubles
Windows Defender is helpful because it protects you from viruses and malware and all that jazz, however till Firaxis and Microsoft have somewhat chat about Civ 6 it seems Microsoft’s anti-virus safety is getting somewhat tough with Civ 6’s information in Windows 10.
This is thus inflicting the sport to load both for a really very long time certainly or perpetually. Here’s find out how to add an exclusion for Civ 6 to the app so it leaves you alone:
- Hit the Start Menu, then Settings, then Update & Security, then Windows Defender
- You don’t must hit the button to open the complete app on this display screen, so ignore that
- Instead, scroll down and discover a header titled ‘Exclusions’.
- Hit Add an Exclusion after which Exclude a Folder.
- Navigate to your Civ 6 set up folder and inform Defender that is what you wish to exclude.
- For most of you, that’ll be C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSid Meier’s Civilization VI – or some variant of that relying on the place you’ve informed Steam to put in video games.