PS5 Pro swept off shelves in the US after Resident Evil Requiem release
The launch of Resident Evil Requiem has triggered a massive sell-out of PS5 Pro consoles across major global markets. While Sony previously struggled to justify the premium hardware, they now have a compelling argument that is hard for gamers to ignore.
The premiere of Resident Evil Requiem has sparked intense discussions regarding the performance gap between the standard PS5 and its more powerful counterpart. It appears that players have officially cast their votes with their wallets.
As a result, the PS5 Pro vanished from the official PlayStation Store over the weekend. The console is currently listed as unavailable for purchase in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
This surge in popularity is unlikely to be a coincidence. Just last week, Sony confirmed that Resident Evil Requiem is the inaugural title to feature PSSR 2.0 support. Many enthusiasts have stated that this is the definitive moment to upgrade to the PS5 Pro, as the enhanced visual fidelity has left a significant impression on the audience.
It is particularly noteworthy that this demand is being driven not by a Sony first-party exclusive, but by a major multiplatform release from Capcom.
PlayStation Store Continues Major Sale with Discounts of Up to 80%
Bungie Was Working on Five New Games at Once Before Sony Stepped In, Report Says
Nintendo Removes Over 400 Switch Emulator Repositories from GitHub
Must-Play Video Games This Weekend – August 21, 2026
Insomniac Reveals Game That Inspired Marvel’s Wolverine
Insider Reveals When Days Gone Developer Bend Studio Will Show Its Next Game
Key Marvel Movies Missing From Disney’s Official Avengers: Doomsday Watchlist
Lanterns Showrunner Says James Gunn Gave Creative Team Total Freedom