Destiny has two leveling programs. One is predicated on good old style expertise factors, and the opposite is predicated in your gear degree. We’ve recognized for some time that have ranges cease at 20, however the gear cap – previously referred to as Light, now apparently referred to as ‘Power’ – was unknown till now.
Recent leaks from the game guide point out that energy caps at 300. Your energy is calculated by averaging the assault and defence values of every piece of substances you may have outfitted, and the sport information states that “virtually every source of gear can provide a steady stream of incremental upgrades – until you reach Power Level 260.”
This is much like how gearing labored within the unique Destiny – there was a cap on gear drops from fundamental actions, after which you’d need to face endgame content material just like the Nightfall after which, after one other cap, the Raid, with the intention to maintain getting stronger.
So, the right way to push previous the 260 cap in Destiny 2? “In a word: Milestones,” says the sport information. “Weekly Milestones are the best (and currently only) answer for the power level 260 plateau.”
Milestones is seemingly the umbrella time period for all of the reside content material that refreshes every week – this can embrace the Nightfall strike, the general public event-driven Flashpoint, featured story missions, Strikes and Crucible matches, and possibly extra. In the unique, there have been limits on the loot drops from this content material to make sure you couldn’t declare its rewards an limitless variety of instances per week – anticipate comparable time gates within the sequel.
So for those who’re seeking to get into the Raid as quickly as doable as soon as Destiny 2 launches – whether or not on console or PC – right here’s what we advise.
- 1 – Complete the marketing campaign. You want to do that anyway to unlock mid-game content material, and if it’s paced equally to the unique, you’ll hit the expertise degree cap of 20 by its finish or shortly afterwards.
- 2 – Do something besides Milestone actions till you attain energy degree 260. There needs to be loads to take a look at – world quests, adventures, Lost Sectors and so on – but when Milestones are the one supply of post-260 gear, doing them earlier than then is a waste.
- three – Once you hit 260, attempt to verify off each Milestone exercise earlier than the weekly reset on Tuesday.
- four – Over the weekend, be sure you pay Xur a go to. His Exotic gear will virtually actually increase your Power degree.
- 5 – Check off all of the Milestones once more after the weekly reset. We do not know what the cap on non-Raid gear will probably be, however we would guess it is one thing like 280, with regular Raid gear dropping at 290 and Prestige mode gear lastly taking you to the cap of 300.
- 6 – The Raid unlocks on Wednesday, September 13. If you’ve accomplished two weeks of Milestones and acquired some gear from Xur, you’ve accomplished actually all you’ll be able to to get Raid-ready. It’s price noting you do not have to fulfill the really helpful energy degree to sort out it, however you need to get as shut as doable to make it simpler on your self. If you are inside 10 factors, you have to be okay.
- 7 – Check out our Raid guide, which we’ll replace as quickly as we truly get in, for recommendations on finishing Destiny 2’s final problem.