Scott Beck and Bryan Woods’ Haunt lands on Blu-ray this week, which was their first project after the massive success of 2018’s A Quiet Place, a narrative they wrote and John Krasinski directed. Many followers have been stunned that the pair developed a novel and unique movie versus leaping into a longtime idea to lend their skills to, as they’ve beforehand revealed they met with various studios about tackling a few of their most high-profile properties. Of the varied initiatives they’d conferences about, they revealed that they’d briefly toyed with a novel method to a Resident Evil movie, however that their curiosity in such an endeavor was short-lived. Haunt hits Blu-ray on October 22nd.
“There’s been plenty of stuff that is crossed our desk. There’s been stuff the place we’re like, ‘Oh wow, thanks for pondering of us. What an honor.’ But wasn’t the appropriate factor,” Woods shared with ComicBook.com. “I believe the one factor that crossed our desk that we explored for a second and could be open to persevering with to discover it, though I believe they in all probability would not need to go in as outrageous of a route as we’d need to take it, I believe they need to go in a extra standard route, however Resident Evil might be the one piece of IP that we have been occupied with that is crossed our desk, simply because we grew up with that first game. The first game was so cinematic and it was just like the scariest factor. It nearly felt scarier than any horror film. We’d invite all of our associates over and one particular person would play the game. We’d all simply watch as viewers members and shriek anytime one thing scary occurred.”
He added, “We thought the zombie style has gotten so drained. We’ve simply seen each iteration of zombies you could possibly probably think about. So, how do you do one thing new? With Resident Evil, we have been like, ‘Oh, possibly you could possibly method it like Sam Mendes approached 1917 and simply do that insane, outrageous oner within the zombie style with Resident Evil,’ which feels natural to Resident Evil as a result of these games really feel like one large piece of motion and sustained piece of suspense. That was the one factor that we toyed with for like, 5 seconds. But, outdoors of that, the fun for us is simply creating new concepts and new worlds.”
Given the ambition of this idea, followers will probably be upset that it by no means moved previous the thought stage, however with a brand new Resident Evil reboot movie and TV collection on the horizon, and with Beck and Woods persevering with to develop their very own franchises, there’s still a lot for fans to be excited for.
In Haunt, “On Halloween, a gaggle of associates encounter an ‘excessive’ haunted home that guarantees to feed on their darkest fears. The evening turns lethal as they arrive to the horrifying realization that some nightmares are very actual.”
The movie’s new Collector’s Edition Blu-ray consists of:
- NEW To Escape the Haunt: The Making of Haunt featurette together with interviews with writers/administrators Scott Beck and Bryan Woods, actors Katie Stevens, Will Brittain, Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Lauryn Alisa McClain, Schuyler Helford, Justin Marxen, Chaney Morrow, Special Makeup Effects artist Chris Bridges and co-composer Andy Milburn (tomandandy)
- NEW Audio Commentary with actors Justin Marxen (Clown), Chaney Morrow (Ghost) and Damian Maffei (Devil)
- Audio Commentary with writers/administrators Scott Beck and Bryan Woods, Behind the Haunt, The Sound of Haunt, Deleted Scenes with an introduction by Scott and Bryan
- Popcorn Frights Q & A with Scott, Bryan and a number of the solid
- Egyptian Theatre Premiere Q & A with Scott and Bryan, moderated by Eli Roth
- Short Film: The Sleepover – Scott and Bryan’s first movie
- Director’s Diary
- Theatrical Trailer
Haunt hits Blu-ray on October 22nd. Stay tuned for updates on the way forward for Resident Evil.
What do you consider this idea? Let us know within the feedback under or contact Patrick Cavanaugh directly on Twitter to speak all issues horror and Star Wars!