The subsequent Pokemon Go Community Day occasion takes on January 12, and this time it’s the flip of water-type starter Totodile to be the main target of the occasion and its rewards.
Another month, one other Pokemon Go Community Day. As we enter a brand new yr the January 2019 group day is again to the normal group day format – that’s to say a deal with one Pokemon and its evolutions, with related rewards to match.
The focus this time is water-type Pokemon Totodile, who can evolve into Croconaw and Feraligatr. As the names counsel, this Generation 2 period starter Pokemon is principally a crocodile – or at the least is a bit crocodile-like. There’s additionally a spread of group day bonuses and rewards in January – and we’ll clarify all these intimately under. But first, a fast group day primer for the newcomers…
How does the Pokemon Go Community Day occasion work?
Put merely, Pokemon Go Community Day Events do what you’d possible count on from their identify – they’re designed to get gamers out and about into the world, ideally interacting and hanging out collectively in places which can be rife with Pokestops like parks and different public locations. These occasions are time-limited to encourage trainers to move out on the identical day and on the similar day on a Pokemon looking mission.
As a part of this, gamers are rewarded for his or her participation. Usually, group day occasions are constructed round a selected Pokemon, permitting gamers to catch extra of that Pokemon and in a shiny type. On high of that, common bonuses embrace unique strikes for the featured Pokemon, elevated EXP, Stardust and Lure period, bonus loot like stardust and incubators, and even bonuses like fast-hatching eggs at some stage in the occasion.
Pokemon Go January Community Day Date, Start Time and End Time
The subsequent Pokemon Go group day is for January 2019, and it’s the 13th group day we’ve had general. The occasion kicks off on January 12 – that’s a Saturday, that means most individuals ought to be capable of simply free themselves up from life commitments to be able to get out into the wild to spin Pokesotps and catch Pokemon for the group day interval.
As all the time, the group occasion is a limited-time occasion – it’ll run for a easy three-hour interval on the chosen day. Exactly when that’s will depend upon the place you might be on this planet. Here’s the complete group day dates and occasions:
- January Community Day Times within the UK: 10am – 1pm GMT
- January Community Day Times in Mainland Europe and Africa: 11am – 2pm CET
- January Community Day Times in North America: 11am – 2pm Pacific / 2pm – 5pm Eastern
- January Community Day Times in Asia Pacific: Jan 13, 12pm – 3pm JST
During these hours the group day will probably be lively, in flip permitting for sure bonus rewards that make taking part within the day worthwhile.
Pokemon Go Community Day Rewards for January: Shiny Totodile, Croconaw and Feraligatr, quick egg hatching, unique strikes & extra
If you’ve been accustomed to previous Pokemon Go Community Day occasions, the January Community Day will really feel very acquainted. It’s centered on one Pokemon species, rising the spawn charges of that breed of Pokemon, making them extra simply accessible with sure highly effective strikes or in shiny varieties.
As talked about above, the principle motive to participate on this group day is to catch a bunch of the featured Pokemon – this time round Totodile – after which discover one with half-decent stats and evolve or energy it as much as construct a formidable Pokemon. In this occasion that’s evolving into Croconaw and the Feraligatr. There are another rewards, nonetheless:
- Shiny Pokemon: spawn charges will probably be elevated for Totodile, together with in its shiny type. Catch plenty of them, and also you’ll be sure you finally encounter a shiny Totodile – possibly a couple of.
- Fast Egg Hatching: through the occasion hours, egg hatching distance is lowered to 1 / 4 of what it often is. That means eggs will hatch four occasions as rapidly!
- Exclusive Move: Totodile caught in through the occasion can have entry to an unique transfer in battle. We don’t know what this transfer is but – however as soon as we discover out we’ll replace this web page.
- 3-Hour Lures: in the event you drop a Lure on a Pokestop, it’ll final for Three hours as a substitute of 30 minutes. This means any lure dropped through the occasion will final the complete period of the occasion hours.
While Totodile and its evolutions don’t fairly make it onto our tier listing of the best Pokemon in Pokemon Go, Croconaw and Feraligatr each slot in the identical kind of class as many different starter Pokemon – they make for excellent, mid-tier battlers when powered up from key Pokemon sorts. Totodile is a uncooked water sort, as are its evolutions – however Feraligatr has some respectable stats that imply when you have a water-type primarily based gap in your Pokemon battle sort protection, this occasion may very well be one thing of a lifesaver for you.
Pokemon Go Community Day History: previous occasions
Ninatic Labs held the primary Community Day occasion in January with Pikachu. It’s continued since then:
- January 2018: Pikachu (with Surf)
- February 2018: Dratini (with Draco Meteor)
- March 2018: Bulbasaur (with Frenzy Plant)
- April 2018: Mareep (with Dragon Pulse)
- May 2018: Charmander (with Blast Burn)
- June 2018: Larvitar (with Smack Down)
- July 2018: Squirtle (with Hydro Cannon)
- August 2018: Eevee (with Last Resort)
- September 2018: Chikorita (with Frenzy Plant)
- October 2018: Beldum (with Meteor Mash)
- November 2018: Cyndaquil (with Blast Burn)
- December 2018: better of 2018