As you heard, Sombra was finally announced for Overwatch at BlizzCon 2016 after tons and tons of teasing by Blizzard. Now, that the opening ceremony is over, the studio has revealed extra in regards to the new hero.
Arekkz additionally breaks all the pieces down we’ve posted beneath in the video above, in case you aren’t too eager on studying.
According to the official Overwatch website, Sombra is a hacker with a base of operations positioned in Dorado, Mexico. She was previously affiliated with Talon, Los Muertos.
The web site additionally supplied some background data on her story, and we’ve pulled it and posted it for you right here.
“One of the world’s most notorious hackers, Sombra uses information to manipulate those in power. Long before she took up the alias “Sombra,” she was among the many 1000’s of kids who have been left orphaned within the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis. With a lot of her nation’s infrastructure destroyed, she survived by using her pure presents with hacking and computer systems.
“After she was taken in by Mexico’s Los Muertos gang, she aided it in its self-styled revolution towards the federal government. Los Muertos believed that the rebuilding of Mexico had primarily benefited the wealthy and the influential, abandoning those that have been most in want of help.
“Following her many conquests, she was supremely assured in her expertise, however she was caught unprepared when she stumbled into the net of a worldwide conspiracy—one which had additionally observed her. With her safety irreparably compromised, she was pressured to delete all traces of her identification and went into hiding.
“She later reemerged as Sombra, upgraded and decided to search out out the reality behind the conspiracy she had uncovered. Sombra launched an much more audacious string of hacks, and her exploits earned her no scarcity of admirers, together with Talon. She joined the group’s ranks and is believed to have contributed to its huge cyberattacks towards companies with sturdy ties to their governments. These efforts incited a preferred revolution in Mexico towards LumériCo and breached the safety of Volskaya Industries, the manufacturing arm of Russia’s anti-omnic protection.”
As you’ll be aware, Sombra is known as “she” within the Overwatch backstory as her given title isn’t identified. On the official web site, her title is blurred out, so we changed these blocks with “she” for simpler studying.
Here’s an inventory of her skills:
- Machine Pistol: Fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range unfold.
- Hack: Can hack enemies to quickly cease them from utilizing their skills, or hacks first help kits to make them ineffective to her opponents.
- Thermoptic Camo: Can turn into invisible for a brief time period, throughout which her velocity is boosted significantly. Attacking, utilizing offensive skills, or taking injury disables her camouflage.
- Translocator: Tosses out a translocator beacon. She can immediately return to the beacon’s location whereas it’s energetic (together with when it’s in mid-flight).
- EMP: Discharges electromagnetic vitality in a large radius, destroying enemy limitations and shields and hacking all opponents caught within the blast.
She might be playable on the PTS subsequent week together with a brand new arctic map, Ecopoint: Antarctica, which is designed round 1v1 and 3v3 in a playable Arcade mode.
Once extra data is made obtainable, we’ll be sure you let you understand.