Prey has been patched and now really does what it says on the field.
Prey launched final month and appears to have gone down fairly nicely, however there was a particular, noticeable distinction between the three platforms.
The PC build of Prey is way better than the consoles, and each the PS4 and Xbox One variations had totally different benefits and downsides. But there was a fourth platform no one had a lot to say about, as a result of the PS4 Pro model of Prey was, uh … similar to the PS4 construct, just about.
Since Prey was marketed as having PS4 Pro assist this was fairly disappointing, however the excellent news is that the latest patch addresses that oversight, including in an a variety of benefits together with improved shadows, reflections, anisotropy and different issues graphics obsessives will enormously recognize.
If you’ve got a bogstandard PS4, the patch additionally contains additional enhancements to the enter drift, which was an actual mark towards this model of Prey. This is fairly good timing provided that Prey is on sale on the PSN proper now.
Here are the total patch notes for Prey model 1.04, by way of Bethesda.net. You can see it additionally contains a few development fixes; in case you obtained caught and gave up in disgust, you also needs to take a look at what was fixed in the last Prey update.
- PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher high quality shadows
- Improved texture look
- More texture reminiscence (steady streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visible constancy
- Less LOD utilization
- Dynamic lights present up additional
- Particles are allowed to attract extra pixels per impact
- Particle refraction enabled
- Additional fixes for PS4 enter drift
- Glooing Cook between goals now not breaks mission
- ‘Nightmare is Hunting You’ now not performs after finishing ‘Copy Protection’ with out Typhon Neuromods put in
- Disgruntled Employee mission now correctly completes if participant finds Grant Lockwood previous to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if participant has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will now not flee and cower when launched in Psychotronics
- Player can now not lock themselves within the safety prescription drugs workplace in Trauma
- Superfruit now not seems shrunken and flat when absolutely grown.
- Adjusted timing on a number of cutscenes.
- Blank goal markers now not persist above reticle
- Using key actions whereas controller prompts are proven will now not trigger a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are actually despatched to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
The patch is offered proper now on PS4 and is coming to PC and Xbox One this week – minus the PS4 Pro options and PS4-specific fixes, in fact.